Jun 7, 2015, 5:16 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, June 7, 9 days before the Washington Redskins start minicamp.
The week that was
A look back at what we learned the past week and what it means:
—Josh LeRibeus to work at center—This is not a position change but cross training that could keep LeRibeus on the roster. With Chris Chester gone the Redskins need a player who can will in should Kory Lichtensteiger get hurt during a game. They need someone who is active on game day so they need a player who is a reserve at another position. This could get LeRibeus, who is going into the last year of his rookie contract, a shot at making the team and making the game day 46 on a regular basis. If he struggles learning center he would be very much on the roster bubble.
—Jamison Crowder implicated in domestic violence on his own Instagram account—There isn’t much to say about this right now because we don’t know much except for what popped up on the rookie receiver’s since-deleted account. It is worth keeping an eye on because of how tough the NFL is when it comes to domestic violence. A six-game suspension would not be a good way for Crowder to start off his NFL career. But we’re going to have to wait and see how this develops.
—DeSean Jackson doesn’t care what you think about his OTA absence—“As far as any critics or anybody else, I don’t play for them and I don’t worry about them,” Jackson said Wednesday when asked about missing last week’s three OTA sessions. This “controversy” appears to be over.
—Trent Williams out until camp—The Pro Bowl left tackle can’t shake an injury to an ankle ligament that he suffered during the season. This doesn’t appear to be anything to worry about a whole lot, especially since no surgery will be required. But Williams appeared on the injury report 10 times and missed a start last year so his general health is something to monitor.
—Jordan Reed has knee “procedure”—The tight end has missed 12 games in his two NFL seasons so even though what was done to his knee apparently is minor, his health is always a cause for concern. There’s certainly no reason to think that he won’t be ready to go when training camp starts but how long he’ll last after that remains to be seen.
—It’s been 161 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be 98 days until they play the Dolphins at FedEx Field.
—Days until: Redskins minicamp starts 9; Redskins training camp starts 53; Thursday night Redskins @ Giants 109
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure to perform against the Browns
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park