Apr 22, 2015, 6:02 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, April 22, eight days before the Washington Redskins go on the clock at the NFL draft.
Question of the day
A few days a week I’ll give an in-depth answer to a question submitted by a fan on my Twitter feed, via the Real Redskins Facebook page, or in the comments section here. On Twitter address the questions to me at @Rich_TandlerCSN with the #NTK hashtag. There will be a comment thread set up on the Facebook page and if you’re asking your question here, put “for NTK” at the start of the comment.
Excellent, fun kind of question, David. In fact, it’s so good that let’s triple up here and look at the player that Redskins fans don’t want to see go to each of their division rivals.
—Giants—Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama I’ve seen this in a few credible mock drafts and it would turn the New York wide receiver corps into a monster. Adding Cooper to Odell Beckham Jr. and a healthy Victor Cruz would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares both when they’re asleep and when they’re awake. You don’t want them to get West Virginia WR Kevin White either. He’s not as polished but he could be better.
—Eagles—Landon Collins, S, Alabama I’m excluding the possibility of another wild Chip Kelly move, a trade up for Marcus Mariota. I think that’s still possible but highly unlikely. Yes, I’ve heard that Collins is not really a fit for the Philly defense but I think with the severe shortage of safeties in this draft they just might take him and figure out how to make it work, thus filling the biggest hole in Philly’s secondary.
—Cowboys—Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia He might not last until the Cowboys’ pick at No. 27 but Jerry will not afraid to throw in some picks to move up assuming the back’s injured knee checks out. If this happens the best running team in the NFL will have lost the league’s leading rusher (DeMarco Murray) and likely end up better off.
—It’s been 115 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be about 144 days until they play another one.
—Days until: 2015 NFL Draft 8; Redskins minicamp starts 56; Redskins training camp starts 99
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed
- Odell Beckham gets yards, but Josh Norman's Redskins get the win
- Redskins survive behind makeshift offensive line
- Redskins win, but await status of multiple injured players
- Five things we learned from the Redskins win over the Giants
- Report: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall was told he'd torn ACL, MRI scheduled
- Redskins get first win, capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants 29-27
- Odell Beckham Jr. fights kicking net, loses
- Injuries to Lauvao, Lichtensteiger force strange shift on Redskins offensive line
- DeAngelo Hall out after being helped off the field with knee injury