Mar 13, 2015, 6:29 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, March 13, 48 days before the Washington Redskins go on the clock at the NFL draft.
What have the 2015 opponents done in free agency?
The Redskins’ 2015 schedule won’t come out until next month but we know who they will play. Let’s take a look at how free agency will affect the some of the teams the Redskins will play in 2015.
Eagles—Chip Kelly is not done making moves but we do know that he’ll have a different starting quarterback (probably Sam Bradford), running back (DeMarco Murray), and No. 1 wide receiver (nobody knows) in the lineup. Crazy? Genius? Both? We’ll start to find out.
Giants—It’s easy to see Shane Vereen catching swing passes out of the backfield from Eli Manning and creating death by a thousand paper cuts. Well, until Manning throws it up for grabs and Odell Beckham Jr. comes down with it.
Falcons—I’m not sure if Leonard Hankerson will strike fear in the hearts of defenders but it will be interesting to see how he can do with a stable QB situation. Former Texans linebacker Brooks Reed will be interesting to watch as he tries to put pressure on the QB in Dan Quinn’s defensive scheme.
Saints—The Redskins always have trouble covering tight ends so the absence of Jimmy Graham will be welcome.
Rams—Nick Foles lit the Redskins secondary up pretty well in their meeting in Philly last year so we’ll see how he does with offensive weapons not quite as good as the Eagles have (or had, anyway).
Bills—They’ll only have to face him once this year and won’t have to do it again until 2019 if he stays with the Bills but they do have to go up against Shady McCoy this season. They have done a fairly good job of containing him but the focus frees up others on offense.
Patriots—They lost Darrelle Revis and they could lose Brandon Browner. But something tells me that as long as they have that guy named Brady behind center they’ll be just fine.
Dolphins—The interior of the Redskins’ line is not their strong point and there’s no question that Ndamukong Suh will be quite a load to handle.
Jets—The Redskins don’t get out of facing Revis Island; it’s now located at Met Life Stadium. They also brought back his ex-backfield mate Antonio Cromartie.
—It’s been 75 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be about 184 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Redskins offseason workouts start 38; 2015 NFL Draft 48; Redskins training camp starts 139
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins have been protecting Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly
- Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. Watch this video.
- Even without Robert Griffin III's return, Redskins-Browns is plenty big
- Need to Know: Are the Redskins committed to the run?
- If hairline fracture not enough, Cowboys Dez Bryant reportedly fined