Dec 28, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
—Where has the play that led to DeSean Jackson’t 69-yard catch and run been all year? And why wasn’t it used again in the game?
—Robert Griffin III got his first rushing TD since Week 17 of 2012. He scooted around left end with 6:45 left in the fourth quarter.
—The Redskins had a chance to get back on the fringes of being in the game in the third quarter but Griffin threw a pick right to linebacker Bruce Carter. The quarterback just didn’t see the linebacker and it was an easy play.
—For the second time in three weeks the Redskins get caught by a surprise onside kick. The special teams this year have improved from 2013 but they are still awful. Stuff like that is just dumb football. It’s one thing to get beaten physically but when the other side is beating you mentally, you have bigger problems.
—Dez Bryant’s first TD pass was certainly on David Amerson, who whiffed on the tackle. But it looked to me like Phillip Thomas hesitated when it looked like Amerson was going to bring Bryant down. That hesitation cost Thomas an opportunity to get an angle on Bryant and stop him before he reached the end zone.
—Leonard Hankers was inactive for the Redskins today. The fourth-year receiver was either on the PUP list or inactive for 14 of the team’s 16 games and played just 23 snaps. He is in the last year of his contract and it seems that he realizes that it’s unlikely that will be back.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins have been protecting Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly
- Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. Watch this video.
- Even without Robert Griffin III's return, Redskins-Browns is plenty big
- Need to Know: Are the Redskins committed to the run?
- If hairline fracture not enough, Cowboys Dez Bryant reportedly fined