Dec 27, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Eagles (9-5) @ Redskins (3-11)
Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
We’re changing up the format of the prediction post here. I’m going to give my take and then turn it over to the fans who sent me their predictions via Twitter (@Rich_TandlerCSN) and on the Real Redskins Facebook page.
So what will happen?
I usually spend a few paragraphs here and throw out a few numbers and go over some of the matchups. But you can throw the book out in this game. Not because it’s a rivalry game but because it will come down to which team is motivated and how long the Cowboys will play their starters.
Jason Garrett has said that he will play his top-line players because there is something at stake. Well, yes, but the Cowboys only benefit from a win if the Lions and Packers tie. Sure, Garrett would take some heat if he started Brandon Weeden at QB, the Cowboys lost, and that improbable tie happens at Lambeau Field.
The smarter play is to pull Romo early before one of Jim Haslett’s zero blitzes has a chance to injure his back again and to keep DeMarco Murray on the bench in sweats. That’s how I think Garrett will play it.
That should leave the door wide open for the Redskins to win. After all, they were able to do so in Dallas with the Cowboys playing everyone. But, then again, the Redskins lost to the Bucs so they’re capable of losing this one. The could blow it but I don’t think they will.
Redskins 28, Cowboys 17
(predictions record this year 9-6)
Unlike the previous few times we’ve done this, the fans were very optimistic with nearly all of them predicting a Redskins win or, in a few cases, a tie (come on, make up your minds).
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins have been protecting Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly
- Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. Watch this video.
- Even without Robert Griffin III's return, Redskins-Browns is plenty big
- Need to Know: Are the Redskins committed to the run?
- If hairline fracture not enough, Cowboys Dez Bryant reportedly fined