Dec 19, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
Eagles (9-5) @ Redskins (3-11)
Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
We’re changing up the format of the prediction post here. I’m going to give my take and then turn it over to the fans who sent me their predictions via Twitter (@Rich_TandlerCSN) and on the Real Redskins Facebook page.
So what will happen?
The two teams appeared to be very close when they met in Week 3 and the Eagles squeaked out a 37-34 win. You have to wonder if the Redskins’ season would have taken a different path had they been able to move the ball in for a touchdown after they got it in Eagles territory with two minutes left. But what happened happened and so we have the floundering Redskins against the Eagles, who are playing for their playoff lives.
The quarterbacks are different in the rematch. Mark Sanchez has started the Eagles’ last six games after Nick Foles broke his collar bone and counting the game he finished off after Foles went out he has 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He’s playing OK in Chip Kelly’s QB-friendly system. And he has yet to commit a Butt Fumble.
Robert Griffin III takes over for the Redskins after Colt McCoy headed to injured reserve. Kirk Cousins had a big day in Week 3 but a late interception foreshadowed his eventual benching for failure to protect the ball.
Two things happened during that game that I don’t think will happen again. They held LeSean McCoy to 22 yards rushing on 19 carries and held the Eagles without a sack. McCoy has been playing better of late than he was early in the season and the Eagles have 28 sacks in their last seven games. In their last seven games the Redskins have been sacked 39 times. It could be a rough day for Griffin.
Eagles 28, Redskins 21
(predictions record this year 9-5)
Here are some of the better fan predictions that came my way
@Rich_TandlerCSN Some Redskins players have quit, no fight left. Redskins get crushed 41 to 10. No reason to believe otherwise.
— john wise (@wiseguys4u) December 19, 2014
A few of you think the Redskins can pull it out, although it will take a bit of luck.
And then there are these:
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions