Did RG3 compare himself to Manning, Rodgers?

Nov 17, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT

RG3-sideline-AZ

Robert Griffin III is taking some hits today for something he said after yesterday’s ugly loss to the Bucs, who came into the game 1-8. Griffin was asked why it is that he played so well in 2012 and is struggling now. Here is the quote in question:

“It doesn’t just take one guy and that is proven. If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Mannings, those guys don’t play well if their guys don’t play well. We need everybody.”

And this comment from an NFL.com blogger is typical of the reaction out there.

“It seems like, all at once, Griffin is placing himself in a higher echelon of passers than he’s actually in while simultaneously criticizing a team that is sitting in last place with nowhere else to go.”

That was not my impression after sitting about 15 feet from Griffin and listening to the entire press conference. He did not place himself on the Manning-Rodgers level. Yes, he said his teammates needed to play better but if they didn’t already know that they are the ones with issues.

Since the quote needs context here is the entire transcript of Griffin’s presser. And here are some other quotes from Griffin, also taken out of context. If you see a quarterback who is placing himself on a pedestal here, well, we’re seeing entirely different things.

“All the sacks are on me, period.”

“When I say, ‘All the sacks on are me,’ I’m saying I can do better and I have to do better.”

“I will be the first to say I could have done better, a lot better.”

“I didn’t see the field as well as I would have liked to.”

“I am not going to sit up here and make excuses. I haven’t watched the film yet but I know there are some plays that I would like to have back.”

“I’m not good.”

I would advise you to judge for yourself. If you hold an opinion different from mine that’s fine but at least make it an informed opinion and not one based on a few seconds out of about an eight-minute news conference.

1. manilarizzo - Nov 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I agree Rich. But he’s got to learn to keep his answers succinct and short. He babbles and babbles and unnecessarily opens himself up to this critique of his commentary. Short answers. Take blame. Move on. Next question.

• jonevans511 - Nov 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM

You should be this guy’s PR manager, I couldn’t agree more. If you listen to Richard Sherman speak, the first few sentences out of his mouth (usually) sound genuine, honest, and thoughtful, but as he continues on his mind starts churning and next thing you know you are listening to word soup. RGIII does it in a similar manner. I’m not bashing Robert, lord knows he’s got enough of the fanbase doing that right now (not saying it’s undeserved), but I think part of the problem is after a loss like this one there’s not much that can be said to make us feel better as fans. Even if he had said “You fans deserve better, we failed you out there today and I’m sorry from depths of my soul”, there’s nothing that even remotely takes the sting out of a loss like that.

Mike Evans looked like Calvin Johnson, Mcnown looked like Dan Marino, and their defense looked like the old Tampa D that won the SB over a decade ago.

• tony028570 - Nov 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

My father always said let a person talk long enough and they will begin to tell on themselves. A person can be taught to say all of the right things, which is why Washington has a PR Director. However, ask yourself what happens when you haven’t been versed fully and you’re allowed to continue to talk well beyond your teachings? Well the truth starts to show itself … and everything that you were taught to say starts to be dissected. Yes he initially took all the blame …. but then he continued talking and placed blame on everybody else as well. That was my perception

2. mauriceatwood - Nov 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I think the criticism of RG3 is undeserved. How can we honestly expect him to produce when he has very little pass protection. The right side of the offensive line is severely lacking. This problem doesn’t just plague RG3, but also Alfred Morris. There is a reason Alfred hasn’t gotten 100 yards in a game yet. He doesn’t have anybody making the blocks required to be made in order to make it happen. RG3 and Morris are the franchise players, but even the greatest qbs of all time had to have some genuine blocking to make the time available in order to execute. RG3 isn’t perfect and neither is Morris, but if the prevailing theory is that these guys are the cause of what’s going wrong then that would explain why the guy who was screaming at the top of his lungs from section 445 (where I sat yesterday) about how much RG3 sucked (as if the players and coaches could hear him) is such as idiot.

• Skulb - Nov 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Personally I just go by the numbers. RGIII has lost and lost and lost now since the playoff game in 2012, and apparently it never ends. The ONLY winning streak the Redskins have been on since that game was the one Colt McCoy managed to put together with safe clutch play. That is why I disagreed with replacing him when it happened in Minnesota and why I still maintain that it was a mistake. It doesn`t matter if Bob`s potential is greater than Colt`s when he never performs, right? And no it`s not all his fault. But he leads the offense and it was just terrible against Tampa. Worse than at any point since last season. So not only is he now an average QB who does weird things once or twice pr game, but he is also no longer able to lead the offense. McCoy is fairly average too, but he was able to lead the offense to two rare wins. Therefore he should play.

Just how many seasons are we gonna have of endless excuses for Griffin? His offensive line is bad. The defense is bad. The receivers are bad. The runners are bad. He is injured. He was injured. He might get injured again. He has a brace. His shoe fell off. There`s just no end to it, and meanwhile no wins in more than a year. McCoy managed to win with a bad offensive line, so why can`t Robert? And it`s because he`s no damn good, whatever the reason is.

• UKSKIN - Nov 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Spot on! We need to cut our losses and accept Griffin is a bust otherwise it will take even longer to get out of the mire.

• Skulb - Nov 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Oh and I forgot that it`s the Shanahans` fault too! So there`s one more perpetual excuse for RGIII to underperform and look like a complete noob to go with all the other ones I was able to remember.
          The way I see it we can choose between 3-8 interceptions pr game with Cousins, 10-15 sacks and a couple of interceptions pr game with Bob and a 50-50 shot at actually winning games with McCoy, because he manages to cut down his mistakes to an acceptable minimum while doing the fundamentals more or less like it says to in the user manual.
          It`s a total no brainer as far as I can tell.

3. mauriceatwood - Nov 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM

And this so called blogger is an idiot to for suggesting that RG3 compared himself to anybody.

4. jdasilva - Nov 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I watched Robert’s presser from start to finish– well, everything that CSN Washington televised anyway– and I didn’t get the impression he was putting himself in Manning’s or Rogers’ level. I interpreted the comment as saying, “even top level QB’s need their teammates’ help.” I agree, but I also think Robert could have said it more clearly.

Ultimately, how one interprets the quote depends on (1) context and (2) ones personal bias towards or against RG3.

Football is the ultimate team sport. So much depends on synchrony between all team aspects that abject failure, such as the one we all witnessed yesterday, are hard to pin on just one guy. It’s easy to say, “well, the offensive line is terrible” or, “Robert held on to the ball every time.” It could be both things. Maybe a play was drawn up that required Robert to get rid of the football after a three step drop and the line was counting on the ball being gone by a certain time, but Robert held on to it too long. That happens a lot and it needs to be corrected. Maybe the line did a poor job picking up a blitz or had a mental lapse at an inopportune moment and RG3 didn’t even have a chance to set and throw? Maybe the coaching staff insisted on calling a drop back play on 3rd & 2 when a play better suited for RG3’s talents, like a read option play, would have been a better choice?

I guess the tl;dr of this is that this team has systemic problems at every level. Blaming it on one guy or one unit or one coach is a sign that one is missing the big picture.

• Skulb - Nov 17, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Isn`t it obvious that he wasn`t comparing himself to Manning? The guy hasn`t won a football game since last November and would do better to compare himself to Geno Smith. Also, the word you were looking for is “synchronicity”.

5. kenlinkins - Nov 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I too was very very disappointed in the lost on Sunday, but let’s be fair. RG3 in no way put himself into the same class as Manning or Rogers! Let’s try and keep the comments to what happened on the field and not make stuff up because we Redskins fan just saw the season go down the drain.

6. ET - Nov 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I agree with Rich.

Regardless, this is not on Robert, this is a PR / front office issue. You don’t stick a 20-something year-old kid in front of a hot mic without media training. If that includes “keep it short,” and “use cliches only,” so be it. People are not born with the capacity to always be on-message.

7. renhoekk2 - Nov 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Obviously I’ve stumbled onto a blog of RGIII apologists but I’m going to post anyway. Here are a couple of quotes from a pair of starting NFL QB’s…..

“I thought the guys up front fought like crazy against a good rush,” Manning said. “I’ve got to find a way to complete more of them and score more than seven points. Our defense held them to field goals and fought and gave us plenty of possessions and to only score seven points is very disappointing. …

“All the sacks are on me, period,” he said. “I can do better and I have to do better. I need every man in that locker room, player and coach to look themselves in the mirror and say, ‘What can I do better? We have to take responsibility for it and try to find a way to get [the ball] out, try to find a way to change the protection and a way to pick it up….”

From Minn game……
    I put that on my shoulders because I didn’t get it done at the end of the game. Say what you want about any other side of the ball, any other phase of the game, but the way I look at it [is] I could have played better to help us win there at the end.”

Do you see the difference in leadership. At no time does Manning bring up the shortcomings of his teammates and coaches. In fact he goes the other way and praises them for fighting hard. Every week RGIII throws teammates or coaches under the bus. He says he has to play better but also ALWAYS finds a way to throw some of the blame his teammates way. Be it the OL, the defense, coaching? Do the other players need to play better? Can the coaching be better? Of course. But an under performing QB should not be calling others out in post game interviews. Manning just praises their effort and says he needs to be better. No mention of any other players or coaches except to offer praise. That’s the way it is supposed to be done. But of course I guess I’m in the minority on that belief.

• hcicron - Nov 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Maybe it comes with years of experience. Maybe its because Peyton can say those things because no one would ever think he’s the reason the team lost. Maybe we should stop using the same few elite QBs as barometers for RG3. Maybe Niles should have to get in front of a mike after a game like that and say why did the ball hit you in 2 hands but end up as an INT? Maybe Chester should get up and tell us how he feels about his play, or Compton too for that matter. He is young and extremely talented and not used to losing. That game was terrible to watch for all fans. If we throw all that on RG3 then don’t be miffed when the guys who just showed up to get paid continue to do so while all the focus is on our young QB who isn’t a Manning or Rodgers or Brady.

• lescrappeur - Nov 17, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Agreed. Well said.

• goback2rfk - Nov 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM

RG3 Is Not Even In The Top 15 QB’s in The League. He Is Not Very Good, And That Has Been On Display For Awhile Now.

That first pass of the game was TERRIBLE, it was LOW and Slung SIDE ARM with his legs all criss crossing.. He HAS to know not to throw that ball, there were no yards to gain. RG3 does not know when to give up, he tries to make a play no mater what.

RG3 Record as a Redskins Starter: 12 Wins , 20 Losses <——— HORRIBLE RECORD!

• fwhalstead1 - Nov 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM

You’re right..see below for another apologists…SMDH!!!!!

• fwhalstead1 - Nov 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Sorry…see above no below :)

• Brian - Nov 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Maybe that’s because the guys in front of him actually fought hard and looked loke they belonged on the field unlike the line we send out there every week. Our line is pathetic and it has been for at least 10 years and our defense shows signs of greatness at times and then they shit the bed when you think all should be smooth and easy

8. tony028570 - Nov 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

• fwhalstead1 - Nov 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM

EXACTLY!!! He said all the RIGHT things until he didn’t….

9. fwhalstead1 - Nov 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Agreed but you know what? HE HAS TO GO! He’s ALWAYS got DRAMA, real or made up. He is a 1 read QB that takes off running when that read is not there – problem is RG3 could run, Robert Griffin CAN’T!. RG3 IS NOT coming back ppl and Robert Griffin can’t play the position. How pathetic was that pass he threw in the flat to a guy already on 1 knee? He was setting him up to get KILLED! How about the other pass to Djax on the right side in the flat where he pumped the ball so many time he got Djax DESTROYED! How about the 2 deep balls that missed a WIDE OPEN Djax while the game was still close? How about the deep cross to Garcon that he never threw? Or the 2 deep slants to Djax who was running wide open on? Colt and Kirk may not be the answer and probably aren’t long term but at least they MOVED the offense. How many times does a guy have to show you who he is before you believe it? He’s done…stick a fork in him and get him off the roster…nothing good can come from him remaining on this team past this year…However, HE NEEDS TO START AND PLAY EVERY REMAINING GAME THIS YEAR!!! Snyder needs to SEE that his once SHINY toy is GONE! We need SAFETIEs and LINEMEN and until you get that squared away just plug anyone in at QB because honestly you’re a sub .500 club without a decent line. Robert though? Too much baggage with this guy so he has to go!

• hcicron - Nov 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM

So you want to replace Robert with just some guy based on all the media coverage he gets? I can’t agree with that logic.

• Skulb - Nov 17, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Obviously it`s not just about the media coverage and endless drama but about the fact that the guy is immune to winning games. It doesn`t even matter why. He is now exactly the same as Geno Smith minus one game. RGIII went on a seven game streak in 2012 and has lost basically everything since. Smith went on an eight game streak last year and has lost everything since. Why people keep insisting that Geno Smith/RGIII are franchise QBs is the real question. There is absolutely no indication anywhere that this is so.
        And nobody is talking about replacing him with “some guy”, but with McCoy, who proved himself capable of managing the offense in actual wins. In two tries he has a 200% better result than RGIII/Cousins do in eight games. And since RGIII and Cousins split the win against Jacksonville it`s really 400% better than either of them. I don`t even understand what the argument is against Colt as the starter after that. Sure he would have lost at some point too, and then maybe we could have discussed easing Griffin in before the post season. But I am almost sure that Colt would have managed the Minnesota game to a W, and he couldn`t have done any worse against Tampa if he`d tried. 0 points is what Griffin managed against Tampa and the TD was all Roy and Alf running well.

Colt McCoy for President! Eerrm I mean quarterback!

10. joparks2012 - Nov 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM

While the Skins loss was terrible yesterday, this nitpicking every word from a press conference where it would be hard to argue whether Griffin wasn’t telling the truth in whatever he said is mind numbing. That is what we are left with these days when bloggers seem to control the narrative. While I tend to take what bloggers write with a grain of salt, they seem to have an influence in Washington. Rich is an actual sportswriter who writes a blog so there is some credibility there. The team lost by 20 points at home to a 1-8 squad coming off a bye week and the comments are whether Griffin seemed to be comparing himself to elite QBs? Really? Is there a hatred of RGIII that runs so deep as to blind yourself from the complete failure as a team that was on display yesterday? They all stunk with the exception of Alfred Morris who looked like he was actually trying to do something out there. Other than that, they were all bad. It was an atrocious game right from the first play. I’m satisfied with Bob’s answer because let’s face it, if there was anyone on the Skins who was actually happy about the way they played yesterday and felt that Griffin called them out, my response to them was that you just lost by 20 at home to a team that was 1-8. The upshot of all of this is the only thing worse than having to watch the Skins lose like they did yesterday is reading this nitpicky garbage the today.

11. colmac69 - Nov 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM

No way he comparing himself with those two in anyway…….people are def looking to nitpick at anything he says for sure…….he right in what he says that great players like those two nd rest of team to perform altho those two have played on really great teams for virtually 15 yrs tho……..gruden didnt hold back with critical comments today for sure bout griffins performance yesterday….

12. ian - Nov 17, 2014 at 5:38 PM

In life, less is more. Its better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. I have been saying since day 1, we gave up to much for Mr. RGIII. No one even heard of this guy untill about week 4 of his last year at Baylor. He came out of nowhere and won the heisman. I know I don’t need to say how being a heisman winner really translates into being anything in the NFL. I think Mr. Giffins best days are behind him. His rookie year was withba gimmick offense that no one had seen. NFL can shut it down. That is his game, not being a drop back passer by any means. Hell look at san fran kapernick isnt hurt and that offense isnt worth a damn either. If you speak, you are open to ridicule. If you play like shit, you are open to ridicule. The best thing he can do is study the Patriots press conferences and take notes. Him saying more gives us more to bash him with. Less is more Mr. Griffin

13. goback2rfk - Nov 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM

RG3 runs off at the mouth way to much. He does not deserve to even let the words Brady or Manning slip from his tongue. He played AWFUL on Sunday, that is NOT how a FRANCHISE QB performs at home after a bye against a 1 Win team.. I do not give a crap what the defense did, the offense put up 7 points against the bucs and thats is ALL on RG3. He holds the ball so long he takes a million sacks, he can not find any receivers. Desean Jackson was WIDE OPEN ALL GAME!!! He could not get the ball to him, Garcon was open several times and he did not even look his way.

RG3 has the potential to go down as one of the biggest draft busts ever! Guys, he is not good, his mechanics stink, his feet are all over the place.. All he does is lose!! Only 207 yards passing vs the BUCS and we have top notch receivers!! He is NOT “developing” only getting worse or staying the same.. I have washed my hands of RG3, I gave him the benefit of the doubt a bunch of times, not anymore!

RG3 Record as a Redskins Starter: 12 Wins , 20 Losses <——— HORRIBLE RECORD! THE WORST RECORD OUT OF ALL HIS DRAFT CLASS!! Redskins have SUCKED for over 6 years Now! Brian Mitchell was Right!

SORRY GUYS CASE CLOSED!! RG3 Is Not The Future

14. goback2rfk - Nov 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Desean Jackson said it right, “You Can Not Do Epic Sh|T With Basic People” Basic People Like RG3 and That Offensive Line… RG3 Had No Right To Make The Brady/Rodgers Comment… It all Starts at the QB position, if the QB is playing bad, it makes everyone look bad..

15. Skulb - Nov 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I must say I enjoyed Gruden`s post game comments quite a bit. It was perhaps the single most enjoyable thing about the Redskins Buccaneers game, which is fairly depressing in itself. People can make all the excuses for Griffin they want, but to see what is objectively a terrible QB pose in front of the press as if he is Joe Montana is just too much. He was atrocious under center against Tampa. Abysmal, amateurish, laughable and an insult to the Redskins fans. Yet there he was, chosen by God to be the greatest QB ever in the history of QBs, pontificating in a rambling tidal wave of post sports-disaster cliches, deflecting personal blame like a Beltway pro. I couldn`t see his hands, but reportedly he was still holding all the balls he failed to get rid of for the umpteenth game running.
    Apparently Gruden is reaching the end of his patience too, like many of the fans have done a long time ago. I only hope he can impose himself on this disintegrating group of players with something that will stick into the off season. And for God`s sake put someone half way competent under center. And that means McCoy, who has a 100% winning record as a Redskins QB. Think about it. 100%. Robert the Turd has 0% this year and 20% last year.
    Right now I`d even take some more Cousins. At least he only had one problem; regular brain meltdown and passing the ball to the opposing team. But you can fix one problem. The issues with Griffin are just wall to wall and I`m starting to think that what is needed is a psychiatrist to cure his Napoleon complex more than QB coaching. “I am chosen by God to play football! I refuse to make a normal pass so let me just take twenty sacks pr game! God would not approve of me throwing an average pass!”

I think I`m gonna be a Colts fan until sanity makes an appearance in Washington. Which incidentally is something many people have been waiting patiently for in many respects anyway. Might as well hop on the bandwagon here, at least for the rest of this appalling season.

16. Matt allen - Nov 17, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Born a skins fan, will die a skins fan ..even though the skins make me question that loyalty and dedication at times .. The entire team is playing with little heart, with the exception of a few ..iv seen many different situations/excuses over the years that cause the team to lose…but a broken locker room is the worst to watch…it appears that rg is losing the respect of his players by for a lack of a better phrase being a owners pet…stop the diners stop the personal limo escorts for the wife…drop all that jazz eat some humble pie and get back to the gritty that got you here…I beg

• Rich Tandler - Nov 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Just curious, when was the last time Griffin had dinner with Snyder?

• kenlinkins - Nov 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Rich, I hated the RG3 deal when it was made due to the cost vs. risk (lose of production of 4 players in case of injury), but I just do not understand the Redskins fans who say he is done forever! RG3 has played 3 games this year and is trying to become a QB who can work the pocket to better fit into a Gruden system of quick reads and getting the ball out fast. While it is true to date that the transition has for RG3 has not gone well (so far he has failed), it has only been 3 games. His coach has been fair saying “the jury is still out” about the results and his future as a starting QB is in question. RG3 has not yet shown he can be anything other than a running QB who can make a few great plays on top of a lot of bad plays, but any football fan knows that the 2014 season was going to be about the transition of RG3 and not the wins. RG3 received a “do-over” when the Redskins hired coach Shanahan and today he is only 3 games into the transition. The fact is that the jury IS still out and no one knows for sure if RG3 will or will not develop into a QB who can run anything other than a college style offense, but to say that RG3 is a bust just 3 games into the transition is just nuts IMO. I know if hurts to watch WR’s run around open and not get the ball due to a lack of pulling the trigger (and losing to TB / Minn) but Redskins fans should know that RG3 is still the best bet in the long run. After the next 6 games, (twice the number he has played this year) we Redskins fans will have the answer on his development. Until then, all we can do is watch and follow the development (or lack there of). I for one would not trade two wins by starting McCoy in Minn / TB for finding out if our Big Bet on RG3 has a chance to pay off! We need more data and the only way to gain it is playing RG3 for the next 6 games.

• rhinochaserdesign - Nov 18, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Griffin is a THIRD year player. His problems are too vast to correct. We needed to cut our loses before the rest of the league realized how bad he is. Make a trade like the Browns unloaded Richardson for. But it’s too late.

Notes on Griffin:

1. Took 3 years to learn how to SLIDE
          2. Still learning how to speak to the media
          3. Throws short passes at people’s feet, just like McNabb
          4. Still awful footwork.
          5. Still holds the ball too long
          6. Not nearly as fast as he was in ’12. In fact, Aaron Rodgers looks much more spry
          7. The coach doesn’t really like him (that makes ALL of his NFL coaches)
          8. Doesn’t fit the coaches system
          9. Learning impaired
          10. Alienated his team mates
          11. His team mates don’t like him
          12. KEEPS LOSING

17. rhinochaserdesign - Nov 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Rich,

I’m so tired of you being a Griffin apologist. Good lord. I’ve been saying this for over a year now – GET RID OF GRIFFIN. He just simply is NOT a good quarterback. He pretty much sucks. I’m done with hearing excuses. And I’m tired of you sticking up for him. ARE YOU BLIND? Look at his play?

Or are you going to say somehow this is ALL SHANAHAN’S fault?? Tell me this RICH, who is providing all the media leaks THIS year, now that the Shanahans are gone? Who is leaking the fact the the whole locker room and coaching staff is tired of Griffin? That Griffin has alienated his teammates?

Griffin is STILL the spoiled brat of kid who just isn’t that smart. It took 3 years to learn to SLIDE. He STILL hasn’t learned how to talk to the press. His footwork is STILL awful.

Rich, we should have traded Griffin a year ago when we could have at least recouped SOME value for him. I’m guess MAYBE we could get a 3rd rounder for him at this point? He should have never put back on the playing field after he got hurt this season. The ONLY reason Griffin is still on this team is because that idiot Snyder is still in manlove with his *star* player. I know Gruden didn’t want to play Griffin in Minnesota. It was SNYDER’s decision.

When are you going to stop being a shill for Snyder? If you honestly think that Griffin is the QB of the Skins future, then I can’t listen to any of your analysis. I guess you don’t do much analysis anyhow. You just write what you are told to write. And that’s fine. But, holycow, why aren’t you on the Skin’s payroll as an extension of their PR?

One more thing – you still think last year was all the Shanahan’s fault? I mean, he’s doing awful with the Browns of all teams….oh…wait….

• Rich Tandler - Nov 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM

You can call me a Griffin apologist all you want. But nobody, including many noted Griffin critics in the media, who sat through the 8-minute press conference, the whole thing, came out thinking that Griffin was throwing his teammates under the but. Not one. Zero. So I guess that makes them apologists.

Not that it matters a whole lot. I already had my own opinion.

I’m not going to bash or apologize, will call them as I see them.

Thanks for reading.

> > >

• powers3004 - Nov 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM

THANK YOU for not just jumping on the “bash RGIII bandwagon” that so many fans and media people have done. I watched his post game press conference and thought nothing of what he said was bad. It wasn’t until the next day when I saw one article online stating “Griffin throws teammates under the bus” that I thought I had missed something that happened on social media or somewhere else after his presser. Then I read the ridiculous, short terribly written article that was taken completely out of context. I was pissed. I find it difficult to believe anyone bashing him has actually watched the entire presser. No matter what he does people find something he has done wrong. Thank you again for your articles of reason. I NEVER post anything online but after I read this article I immediately signed up for an account so I can post this.