Aug 19, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, August 19, four days before the Redskins play their third preseason game against the Ravens.
Five notes from last night’s preseason game against Cleveland:
–It was a bumpy performance by Robert Griffin III, literally and figuratively. He has some very good throws, including the bomb to Andre Roberts. But on the other hand you have the interception he threw as the Redskins were nearing the end zone. He threw while under pressure and there are many things he should have done, from taking the sack to throwing it away, rather than throw that pass.
–And he got bumped around running the ball. It’s apparent he’s still in search of that fine line between daring and taking smart risks. Griffin also had a rather clumsy slide after one run and it looked for a moment like he might have gotten his legs caught in the turf. But he escaped the night with only a thigh contusion.
–It was surprising to see that Lache Seastrunk led the team in rushing for the second straight game; he picked up 35 yards on seven carries. The rookie appeared to be close to breaking a long one a time or two but he couldn’t quite do it.
–Just like Alfred Morris and the line couldn’t quite punch it in for a touchdown early in the second quarter. Jay Gruden said that they tried some power runs but “low man wins” and the Browns defenders got lower. That power running series may need a second look if it keeps getting stoned like that.
–Ryan Kerrigan got two sacks although the first one was something of a gift as half of the Cleveland offense didn’t know the snap count. Among those who didn’t know it were the ones responsible for blocking Kerrigan so he was able to get Brian Hoyer down without much of a fight.
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. I’ll answer all questions as soon as I can get to them. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
—Today’s schedule: No availability
—It’s been 233 days since the Redskins played a game; in 19 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Final cuts 11; Home opener vs. Jaguars 26; Redskins @ Eagles 33
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Cowboys bus involved in fatal crash in Arizona
- DeSean Jackson throws out first pitch at Sunday's Nationals game
- Redskins have many options at tight end, but don't count out Niles Paul
- NTK: Redskins by the numbers—First down rushing woes must be fixed
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Moss' top five, final word on Cousins contract
- Kirk Cousins has same odds of winning 2016/17 NFL MVP as Mark Sanchez
- Longtime NFL coach Dennis Green dead at 67; honored by Redskins great
- Eight Redskins recognized for offseason work
- Josh Norman hopes Odell Beckham Jr. circled his calendar
- Colin Cowherd again trolls D.C. athlete - but this time it's Kirk Cousins