Aug 19, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, August 19, four days before the Redskins play their third preseason game against the Ravens.
Five notes from last night’s preseason game against Cleveland:
–It was a bumpy performance by Robert Griffin III, literally and figuratively. He has some very good throws, including the bomb to Andre Roberts. But on the other hand you have the interception he threw as the Redskins were nearing the end zone. He threw while under pressure and there are many things he should have done, from taking the sack to throwing it away, rather than throw that pass.
–And he got bumped around running the ball. It’s apparent he’s still in search of that fine line between daring and taking smart risks. Griffin also had a rather clumsy slide after one run and it looked for a moment like he might have gotten his legs caught in the turf. But he escaped the night with only a thigh contusion.
–It was surprising to see that Lache Seastrunk led the team in rushing for the second straight game; he picked up 35 yards on seven carries. The rookie appeared to be close to breaking a long one a time or two but he couldn’t quite do it.
–Just like Alfred Morris and the line couldn’t quite punch it in for a touchdown early in the second quarter. Jay Gruden said that they tried some power runs but “low man wins” and the Browns defenders got lower. That power running series may need a second look if it keeps getting stoned like that.
–Ryan Kerrigan got two sacks although the first one was something of a gift as half of the Cleveland offense didn’t know the snap count. Among those who didn’t know it were the ones responsible for blocking Kerrigan so he was able to get Brian Hoyer down without much of a fight.
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. I’ll answer all questions as soon as I can get to them. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
—Today’s schedule: No availability
—It’s been 233 days since the Redskins played a game; in 19 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Final cuts 11; Home opener vs. Jaguars 26; Redskins @ Eagles 33
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson on beating NYG: 'They said we couldn't do it'
- Cousins: 'It's great to have meaning football now in December'
- Dashon Goldson's leadership key in Redskins win over Giants
- Best of Redskins Kickoff and Postgame Live: Week 12
- Despite penalties, Jordan Reed comes up big for the Redskins
- Gruden on Cousins: 'Everybody looks up to him'
- Redskins TE Carrier day-to-day with ankle, Achilles injuries
- After important win over Giants, Joe Barry hit a hard postgame 'whip'
- Chris Baker's sandwich, 'The Swaggy Melt,' to debut at Harris Teeter
- A 3-2 finish could be good enough for Redskins to win the NFC East