Aug 8, 2014, 6:45 AM EST
RICHMOND—Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 8, 10 days before the Redskins host the Browns on preseason Monday night football.
With the usual preseason caveat that numbers are not always valid due to uneven competition, here’s a look at some stats from last nights Redskins-Patriots preseason game.
—Colt McCoy has not looked particularly good in training camp but he was on the money against New England. His 8 for 9 passing for 103 yards and a touchdown added up to a passer rating of 150.9. He was sharp and confident.
—Running back Lache Seastrunk led the team in rushing with 63 yards on 12 attempts. He tore of a 21-yard run and provided a spark just when the game was starting to drag in the fourth quarter.
—Washington was 6 of 12 on third downs, a solid 50 percent conversion rate.
—The home team outgained the Patriots 387 yards to 270. Washington’s edge in the rushing game was particularly impressive as they outgained them 177-63 on the ground.
—The Redskins controlled the ball and the clock. Their scoring drives consumed 11,10, 9, 10, and 10 plays and they held a time of possession advantage of nearly two to one (39:12 to 20:48)
If you have any questions about what’s going on at training camp, hit me up in the comments. I’ll answer all questions as soon as I can get to them. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
—Today’s schedule: Off day, no availability
—It’s been 222 days since the Redskins played a game; in 30 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Monday night preseason vs. Browns 10; Final cuts 23; Home opener vs. Jaguars 37
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Griffin, Redskins have a lot to prove vs. Philly
- Jason Hatcher out, Keenan Robinson doubtful for Redskins
- Redskins place Brandon Meriweather on IR
- Redskins draft prospect watch: New Orleans Bowl
- The fans help predict Redskins vs. Eagles
- Redskins draft prospect watch: New Mexico Bowl
- The Redskins' RG3 option decision will be an easy one
- Redskins cut it close with salary cap
- OPEN THREAD: Even if healthy, should Trent Williams play for Redskins?
- Why giving up social media is a good move for RG3