Aug 8, 2014, 6:45 AM EDT
RICHMOND—Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 8, 10 days before the Redskins host the Browns on preseason Monday night football.
With the usual preseason caveat that numbers are not always valid due to uneven competition, here’s a look at some stats from last nights Redskins-Patriots preseason game.
—Colt McCoy has not looked particularly good in training camp but he was on the money against New England. His 8 for 9 passing for 103 yards and a touchdown added up to a passer rating of 150.9. He was sharp and confident.
—Running back Lache Seastrunk led the team in rushing with 63 yards on 12 attempts. He tore of a 21-yard run and provided a spark just when the game was starting to drag in the fourth quarter.
—Washington was 6 of 12 on third downs, a solid 50 percent conversion rate.
—The home team outgained the Patriots 387 yards to 270. Washington’s edge in the rushing game was particularly impressive as they outgained them 177-63 on the ground.
—The Redskins controlled the ball and the clock. Their scoring drives consumed 11,10, 9, 10, and 10 plays and they held a time of possession advantage of nearly two to one (39:12 to 20:48)
If you have any questions about what’s going on at training camp, hit me up in the comments. I’ll answer all questions as soon as I can get to them. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
—Today’s schedule: Off day, no availability
—It’s been 222 days since the Redskins played a game; in 30 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Monday night preseason vs. Browns 10; Final cuts 23; Home opener vs. Jaguars 37
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins at the crossroads: S Phillip Thomas
- Need to Know: Should the Redskins have run more on third and short?
- Paea wants to bring J.J. Watt-like attack to Redskins' defense
- Get to know Redskins rookie CB Tevin Mitchel
- Terrance Knighton on building 'brotherhood' on Redskins defense
- Jason Hatcher on the Redskins' improved defensive line
- After cutting Tracy Porter, Redskins sign a pair of cornerbacks
- Without QB depth chart, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy left in limbo
- Redskins sign CB Trey Wolfe
- Need to Know: A new mindset at Redskins Park?