Aug 6, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
RICHMOND—The Redskins and Patriots held their third and final joint practice session today. After two lively, hard-hitting sessions, we due for a letdown and we got it.
Some of the players wore light pads, some wore no pads at all. They wore helmets but I’m not sure they needed them. The pace was a little bit quicker than a walkthrough but far from the full-speed execution we saw on Monday and Tuesday.
The most noteworthy thing that happened was an injury to DeSean Jackson. He was jogging through a slant patters when he got stepped on. He made his way to the sideline and the trainers started to examine him. They taped a couple of ice packs on his lower left leg and he watched from the trainer’s tent. Some members of the armed forces posed for pictures and got autographs from him. So although we don’t know for sure it didn’t appear that Jackson was in too much distress.
They really didn’t have much choice but to run today at walkthrough speed. They had gone at it pretty hard Monday and Tuesday and they have a full-contact game tomorrow. Anything rough today and both teams would be risking some seriously worn-down bodies before the season even starts.
The team will have an off day after the Thursday night game against the Patriots. They will return here for a practice at 2:5 on Saturday.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Live Stream: Redskins pre-draft news conference
- Redskins leaning toward committing to RG3 in 2016
- Can the Redskins draft an immediate starter on the O-line?
- Redskins draft board: Quarterback
- GM's history points to an edge rusher with Redskins' top pick
- What's the best case win total for the 2015 Redskins?
- 25 Redskins questions: What will the 2015 record be?
- Joe Theismann agrees with decision to name RG3 the starter
- Who were McCloughan's best late-round picks?
- Eagles chase for Mariota might not be over