Aug 3, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Redskins are relying on CB David Amerson to step up this year. According to the defensive coordinator, so far, so good.
RICHMOND—On the list of concerns for the Redskins coming into training camp, one was David Amerson. He was slated to take a step up from the nickel cornerback spot he occupied last year to being a starter this season. The 2013 second-round pick had some ups and downs as a rookie and nobody was certain that he would be able to make the move and take on more responsibility.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'