Aug 3, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Redskins are relying on CB David Amerson to step up this year. According to the defensive coordinator, so far, so good.
RICHMOND—On the list of concerns for the Redskins coming into training camp, one was David Amerson. He was slated to take a step up from the nickel cornerback spot he occupied last year to being a starter this season. The 2013 second-round pick had some ups and downs as a rookie and nobody was certain that he would be able to make the move and take on more responsibility.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins position preview: Inside linebackers
- Need to Know: Do the Redskins need to lock up Cousins before Luck signs?
- NFL to interview players named in Al-Jazeera report, what does that mean for Manning?
- Redskins' McCoy on backing up Cousins: 'I try to help him as much as I can'
- Need to Know: The Redskins week that was—Cousins on the rise
- Redskins position preview: Cornerbacks
- Will the Redskins air it out more in 2016?
- Need to Know: The top five receivers the Redskins will face in 2016
- Redskins' Callahan on Lichtensteiger: 'We’re fortunate to have him'
- As deadline approaches, little momentum for Kirk Cousins' long-term deal