Aug 3, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Jarvis Jenkins is responding to the challenges of depth chart competition on the team and a contract year for himself.
RICHMOND—Defensive end Jarvis Jenkins came into training camp fighting for his football life. Even though he has started 19 games over the past two seasons after missing all of his rookie season with a torn ACL, he hasn’t lived up to his status of being a second-round pick (41st overall).
Follow Us On Twitter
- Chick Hernandez considers RG3 one of the biggest hurdles for Skins in 2016
- Redskins position preview: Defensive line
- Loss to Ryan’s Eagles spurred Gibbs, Redskins to last title
- Need to Know: Ranking the Redskins' rookies—Who will have the most impact in 2016?
- Kirk Cousins talks hand size, marvels at Russell Wilson
- Report: Former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan to host Donald Trump fundraiser
- 'Full steam ahead' - Kirk Cousins focused on football, not contracts
- Redskins position preview: Outside linebackers
- Red zone, 3rd improvement will be hard to come by for Redskins' offense
- Need to Know: The top five defenses the Redskins will face in 2016