Jul 23, 2014, 4:11 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, July 23, one day before the Redskins start training camp.
Three and out
—It will be interesting to see if there are any changes in the first-team lineup from what we saw in minicamp. Sometimes coaches evaluate what they’ve seen during minicamp and make some changes to the depth chart. Does Keenan Robinson remain at Mike linebacker? Will the right side of the O-line with Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus remain intact? How about the defensive line?
—There also has been some talk of some position changes. We’re not talking about anything major here like a player changing from offense to defense or vice versa. But there could be some changes in between inside and outside linebackers and a cornerback moving to safety isn’t out of the question. We’ll see when everybody lines up at 8:35 a.m. tomorrow.
—Add Nick Sundberg to the list of roster locks after the Redskins cut Kyle Nelson on Monday. There wasn’t much doubt and releasing Nelson now gives him a chance to try to catch on with another team. Getting another tight end in Mike Caussin is smart. They only had four in camp and Gruden likes to mix in two-TE sets so this will allow everyone to get needed reps without overworking.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference and availability with selected players, 4 p.m.
—It’s been 206 days since the Redskins played a game; in 46 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Preseason opener vs. Patriots 15; Final cuts 38; Redskins @ Eagles 60
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Why did the Redskins wait to bring back RG3?
- What does RG3's return do for fantasy value of others?
- Redskins Nation: Griffin ready to go
- Gruden believes that Griffin is ready to play
- Breeland injures knee in practice, questionable for Sunday
- RG3 spent time during rehab studying the elite QBs
- RG3 doesn't think he'll be too nervous in return
- RG3 discusses the 'rust' factor
- Gruden speaks on RG3's week of practice
- RG3 says he will lean on his teammates in return