Jul 21, 2014, 5:11 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, July 21, three days before the Redskins start training camp.
Three and out
—Yesterday I posted a list of the top five posts here on Real Redskins since the end of the offseason. After I put up the article I noticed that none of the posts concerned Robert Griffin III. In fact, there were no posts that dealt exclusively with Griffin in the top 10. The top 20? Nope. You have to go all the way down to the 28th most popular post since Jan. 1 if this year to find a Griffin post.
—Since we don’t post every news item about the team here on Real Redskins I checked the stats on the mother ship, CSNwashington.com. Not counting a few social media type items (i. e. a post about an Instagram photo of Griffin and DeSean Jackson) you have to go down to 29th on the list of the most popular Redskins articles on the site to find one about Griffin. It was about Griffin breaking the news that he would not wear his knee brace during the 2014 season. That, by the way, ranked No. 108 in terms of views of all pages on the site, which covers all local sports.
—Starting from well before he was drafted, posts about Griffin have been magnets for traffic. Virtually anything about him was guaranteed to be the top post of the day, the most popular Griffin post of the week would lead the week, and so on. I think that this has changed for a few reasons. First, Griffin hasn’t said much of note during the offseason, unlike last year when his OTA and minicap pressers were nationally televised events chock full of intrigue surrounding his knee recovery and how he thought Mike Shanahan was handling things. But I think the biggest factor is that fans have had their fill of the off-field Griffin. They are not going to automatically click on a link to see what he said today. I predict that the next big RG3 post will come when he actually does something noteworthy on the field. To be sure, we’ll continue to cover what he says but a good number of Redskins fans out there want to see what he does.
—It’s been 204 days since the Redskins played a game; in 48 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Preseason opener vs. Patriots 17; Final cuts 40; Redskins @ Eagles 62
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson on 2016 Redskins: Nobody believes in us. We don't really care
- Need to Know: When healthy, Redskins' Lauvao will have to earn his job back
- Redskins' Josh Doctson not sure when he will return, won't rush Achilles injury
- Redskins' RT Moses is taking nothing for granted
- Gruden gives timeline for Perry Riley, Shawn Lauvao return from injury
- Gruden's advice for injured Josh Doctson: Be patient and hurry up
- Cousins confident but for now 'it's all just talk'
- Kirk Cousins happy with pay raise, won't have any complaints
- Junior Galette willing to 'travel around the world' in order to avoid surgery
- OPEN THREAD: Does a healthy Ryan Kerrigan make up for the loss of Junior Galette?