Jul 7, 2014, 5:39 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, July 7, 17 days before the Redskins start training camp.
Three and out
—Here’s a tidbit on Jordan Reed that I came across over the weekend. Since 2010, only one rookie tight end has had more than 125 yards receiving in a game. That was Reed, who gained 134 yards on nine receptions against the Bears in Week 7. A healthy Reed will be a difference maker, no doubt about it.
—The NFL Network will reveal its top 10 players of 2014 this week. They already have revealed 90 of them and Robert Griffin III, who was 13th last year, has not been named. They have said that there are three quarterbacks in the top 10 and Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning have not yet made it. That means that Griffin is off of this year’s list, which is voted on by the players. There are 14 QB’s in the top 100, almost half of the starters, and no RG3. Griffin will say that he doesn’t care but such real and perceived slights tend to motivate him.
—On Countdown to Training Camp on Comcast SportsNet, Trevor Matich picked Chris Baker as his most underrated Redskin. “I would never want to play against him,” said the former Redskins center and long snapper. “He is hard to move but worse than that he’s explosive, he gets into you and drives you back . . . He can play outside and inside.” Check out the video below and let us know who your pick for most underrated Redskin is in the comments.
—It’s been 190 days since the Redskins played a game; in 62 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Preseason opener vs. Patriots 32; Final cuts 54; Home opener Jaguars @ Redskins 70
Matich: Who’s the most underrated Redskin?
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Baylor RG3 statue vandalized
- Jordan Reed remains in concussion protocol system
- Fantasy Fix: Todd Gurley running hot in Week 5 rankings
- Julio Jones set to test Redskins' banged up secondary
- Friday will be key to determining Culliver's status for Falcons game
- Reed, Culliver absent from Redskins practice on Thursday
- Redskins running the ball more but not as much as perceived
- Gruden: Kerrigan getting 'disruption' but sacks not there yet
- Jerry Jones echoes Greg Hardy's bizarre comment about Tom Brady
- Former Redskins WR Hankerson off to 'great start' with Falcons