Jul 6, 2014, 5:58 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, July 6, 18 days before the Redskins start training camp.
Here are the five most popular Redskins posts of the past month.
1. Jerry Rice Jr. signs with the Redskins—Most college free agent signings draw very little attention; this one tells you what’s in a name. Rice likely will battle for a spot on the practice squad.
2. Five Redskins likely to have breakout campaigns—The list included some apparent candidates like Jordan Reed and some not so obvious.
3. Five thoughts after the first week of OTAs—My early assessments of Keenan Robinson, Robert Griffin III, and Tanard Jackson.
4. A more physical training camp for Gruden’s Redskins?—We’ll be able to compare and contract the training camp approaches taken by Jay Gruden and Mike Shanahan starting in a few weeks.
5. 53-man roster projection, defense—Tarik El-Bashir and I took a shot at who will make the roster when the final cuts are made on August 30. Defense and speicalists are in this post, offense is here.
—It’s been 189 days since the Redskins played a game; in 63 days they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Training camp 18; Preseason opener vs. Patriots 32; Home opener Jaguars @ Redskins 70
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins position preview: Defensive end
- Redskins offseason Q&A: Who starts at strong safety?
- Six Redskins over 30 will play key roles in 2015
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins exploit a young Rams O-line?
- Will the Redskins' special teams improve in 2015?
- Redskins position preview: Inside linebacker
- Five Redskins who need to step up in 2015
- Best of the Best: Charley Taylor vs. Sean Taylor
- Best of the Best: John Riggins vs. Clinton Portis
- Best of the Best: Art Monk vs. Larry Brown