Jun 25, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
We’re counting down to the start of training camp here by looking at some numbers that will be keys to the Redskins’ 2014 season.
28—Fumbles the Redskins need to force
The Redskins recovered 10 opponents’ fumbles in 2013; a dozen NFL teams recovered fewer fumbles, putting the Redskins in the lower middle of the pack. This year there is a greater emphasis on stripping the ball away, especially from the opposing quarterback according to outside linebackers coach Brian Baker.
How many fumbles do the Redskins need to force to have a good season in that category? We’re going to go with 28 being the team’s mark of success here. A ball on the ground is generally a 50-50 proposition. Half are recovered by the fumbling team, half by the other team. If the Redskins force 28 fumbles they should be able to fall on about 14 of them. That would have them among the league leaders in fumble recoveries.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Gruden maintains confidence in Alfred Morris
- RG3 impresses Redskins in first full practice
- WR DeSean Jackson gives back to the community
- All 53 Redskins practice on Wednesday
- Report: RG3 set to return for Vikings game
- Griffin full go in practice but return timetable still uncertain
- Jackson providing good returns on Redskins' investment
- Redskins Kai Forbath honored for heroics vs Cowboys
- OPEN THREAD: When should RG3 return?
- Gruden: Redskins' defense gave offense a lift