Jun 10, 2014, 5:36 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, June 10, seven days before the start of Redskins minicamp.
Here are the five worst pass defenses the Redskins will face in 2014 (as determined by 2013 opponent’s passer rating).
Vikings (opp. passer rating 98.6)—Robert Griffin III had one of his best days last year against them, completing 24 of 37 passes for 281 yards in a Vikings win. They added CB Captain Munnerlyn and safety Kurt Coleman in free agency.
Jaguars (96.5)—The Jaguars intercepted only 11 passes all year. They made an effort to upgrade their pass rush by signing ex-Seahawks Red Bryant and Chris Clemons.
Cowboys (96.0)—With the loss of Sean Lee, their best coverage linebacker, to injury and the departures of Jason Hatcher (free agent to Washington) and DeMarcus Ware (released, signed with Denver), who had half of Dallas’ sacks last year, the Cowboys are the early favorites to have the worst pass defense in the NFL this year.
Rams (94.7)—The started a very young secondary with three second-year players and a rookie. They got 19 sacks from Robert Quinn and they’re hoping to get more from first-round pick Aaron Donald.
Texans (93.9)—Ed Reed didn’t bring much to their secondary and was released in midseason. JJ Watt’s had only half as many sacks as he did in his stunning 2012 season. They are hoping that top overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney will bolster the pass rush and free agent safeties Chris Clemons and Kendrick Lewis will help in the back end.
—It’s been 163 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 89 days until they play the Texans in their 2014 season opener.
—Days until: Minicamp starts 7; Training camp 44; Redskins @ Eagles 103
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden, Redskins react to RG3's benching
- Redskins teammates 'surprised' by RG3's benching
- Watch Live: Wizards at Cavaliers
- McCoy: 'I don't know if I was benched, per se'
- Porter to injured reserve; Biggers, Hatcher out of practice
- Waiver wire: Thanksgiving Day goodies in Week 13
- Gruden: RG3 'very upset' when told news he was benched
- Gruden: Redskins QB position becoming 'merry-go-round'
- How long will Colt McCoy be Washington's starter?
- Jay Gruden benched RG3 to help reset his career