May 27, 2014, 5:43 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, May 27, 21 days before the start of minicamp.
(I’m on vacation this week so we’re going to rerun some of your favorite lists from earlier this year.)
Here are the Redskins five (plus three) interception leaders of the last 20 years (1994-2013).
1. DeAngelo Hall (2008-2013) 23—The Redskins picked him up midway through the 2008 season and he has lived up to his reputation of being involved in big plays for both teams.
2. Darrell Green (1994-2002) 20—This list is only counting interceptions made in the last 20 years so not all of Green’s are counted. He is, of course, the Redskins’ career leader with 54 picks including at least one for 19 straight seasons.
3t. Champ Bailey (1999-2003) 18—You probably don’t want to hear this but Bailey has picked of 34 more passes while in Denver.
3t. Fred Smoot (2001-2004, 2007-2009) 18—He started off like he might zoom up the list with 13 picks in his first three seasons. But Smoot had just two in his second stint in D. C.
5t. Tom Carter (1994-1996), London Fletcher (2007-2013), Shawn Springs (2004-2008), Sean Taylor (2004-2008) 12—If we had included Carters rookie 1993 season on this list he would have jumped up the list. The Redskins’ first-round pick intercepted six passes as a rookie. Of course Taylor was well on his way to a ton of interceptions before his career was tragically cut short.
—It’s been 149 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 103 days until the play the Texans in their season opener.
—Days until: Minicamp starts 21; Training camp 57; Redskins @ Eagles 117
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs. Titans notes and numbers--A rare game winner for Forbath
- Cousins on benching: 'You can’t win with turnovers'
- A look at the "other" change the Redskins made
- Gruden's conundrum: Griffin, Cousins or McCoy?
- McCoy earns chance to get Redskins win
- Redskins hope for best, brace for worst on Orakpo injury
- Hatcher: 'You better make it or I'm gonna kill you'
- Titans players see Colt McCoy as playmaker
- Emotional Colt McCoy: NFL is 'unforgiving'
- Cousins on Gruden's switch, ‘submit to his authority’