May 24, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, May 24, three days before the start of OTAs.
(I’m on vacation this week so we’re going to rerun some of your favorite lists from earlier this year. If you’re in Colrolla, NC this week, say hi!)
Here are Alfred Morris’ five best career games in terms of yards gained rushing.
1. Week 17, 2012 vs. Cowboys—If Morris retired tomorrow he’d have a permanent place in the hearts of Redskins fans for this game alone. With Robert Griffin III slowed by a knee injury, Morris took the team on his back, rushing for 200 yards and three touchdowns as the Redskins won to take the NFC East.
2. Week 10, 2013 @ Vikings—This is the only loss on this list. Morris rushed for 139 yards and the Redskins built a 27-14 third-quarter lead. They couldn’t hold on and lost 34-27.
3. Week 14, 2012 vs. Ravens—This game is remembered mostly for the final drive, when Kirk Cousins took over for Griffin and passed for the TD to put the game into over time, and the extra period when Richard Crawford’s put return set up the winning field goal. But in the first 58 minutes of the game, Morris helped keep them in it by rushing for 129 yards and a touchdown.
4. Week 13, 2012 vs. Giants—A week before the Ravens game the Redskins played a Monday night game against the Giants and Morris rushed for 124 yards. The most important yards came in the fourth quarter. He wasn’t spectacular but his 20 yards on seven carries after the Redskins took a one-point lead early in the period ran clock and moved the chains.
5. Week 9, 2013 vs. Chargers—Darrel Young was the definitive touchdown vulture in this game, scoring on runs of 1, 1, and 4 yards after Morris’ 121 yards rushing helped the team get close.
Bonus stat: I came across this while looking up the numbers here—In 12 career games vs. the NFC East, Morris has 1,119 yards rushing. That’s a 16-game pace of just shy of 1,500 yards.
—It’s been 146 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 106 days until the play the Texans in their season opener.
—Days until: OTAs start 3; Training camp 60; Redskins @ Eagles 122
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring
- Need to Know: Redskins key to the game—A big day from Cousins
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Duke Ihenacho opens up about playing time and Mexican food
- Redskins' Josh Norman planning celebration that puts NFL in awkward spot
- Injury report: Cravens a full go in practice but status for game still uncertain