May 23, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Via Redskins PR:
The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2014 second-round draft pick linebacker Trent Murphy (47th overall). In addition, the team signed free agent wide receiver Rashad Ross and waived wide receiver Kofi Hughes. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Murphy (6-5, 258) started 42 of the 44 career games in which he played at Stanford, finishing third in Cardinal history with 32.5 career sacks. As a senior last season, Murphy started all 14 games, leading the Football Bowl Subdivision with 15.0 sacks and earning All-Pac-12 first-team honors.
Murphy, 23, was born on Dec. 20, 1990. He attended Brophy College Preparatory in Phoenix, where he was named the 2008 Arizona Republic All-State Defensive Player of the Year as a senior.
Ross (6-0, 181) originally entered the NFL as a college free agent with the Tennessee Titans on May 9, 2013. He spent parts of the 2013 season on the practice squads of the Titans and Kansas City Chiefs and spent the offseason with Kansas City before being released on May 12, 2014.
Ross, 24, played collegiately at Arizona State from 2011-12, appearing in 26 games with 14 starts and compiling 55 career receptions for 864 yards and seven receiving touchdowns. He was born on Feb. 2, 1990, and attended Vallejo (Calif.) H.S.
Follow Us On Twitter
- NFL says two penalties on Breeland should not have been called
- Report: Vick says playing for Skins would be a dream come true
- Tarik El-Bashir and Clifton Brown talk Ravens, Redskins
- Hines Ward talks RG3, Ravens and Johnny Football
- DeSean Jackson says he's over the Eagles
- Gruden likes the Redskins 'core' of players
- Redskins' Gruden thinks what he says about RG3 gets "twisted"
- Jordan Reed misses practices for child's birth
- 2015 NFL mock draft: Wish list shouldn't start with Winston, Mariota
- Trent Williams, Jason Hatcher sidelined Wednesday