May 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host joint training camp practices with the New England Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. on Monday, Aug. 4 – Wednesday, Aug. 6.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said.
All joint practice sessions will be open and free to the public. The practices will lead into the teams’ 2014 preseason debut on Thursday, Aug. 7 at FedExField.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones said. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
Times and details for each session will be announced at a later date. All other training camp dates will be released at another time.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
- Redskins get bad news on Jordan Reed's status for Sunday
- With Forbath questionable, Redskins will have kicker insurance
- DeSean Jackson is listed as questionable for Sunday
- Redskins' Gruden 'will not hesitate one bit' to turn to Ryan Grant if needed
- ICYMI: Stuff that happened besides baseball
- Pros, cons, and X factors--Redskins at Eagles game prediction
- OPEN THREAD: Will Ryan Grant produce vs Eagles?
- Week 3 Power Rankings: Does Buffalo belong in the top 10?
- Gruden gets Cousins' head spinning