May 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host joint training camp practices with the New England Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. on Monday, Aug. 4 – Wednesday, Aug. 6.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said.
All joint practice sessions will be open and free to the public. The practices will lead into the teams’ 2014 preseason debut on Thursday, Aug. 7 at FedExField.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones said. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
Times and details for each session will be announced at a later date. All other training camp dates will be released at another time.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce final roster cuts to get to 53
- Rams cut Sam, 1st drafted openly gay player
- NFL rules on Redskins S Meriweather's suspension appeal
- Redskins' Forbath survives rookie Hocker's challenge
- After a big round of cuts, Redskins' roster is coming together
- Big surprises at running back for the Redskins
- 5 under the radar Redskins who will be playmakers in 2014
- McCoy: 'I think this offense fits me well' (VIDEO)
- ICYMI: Ride alongs, dancing, and velour track suit
- Washington Redskins roster cuts tracker