May 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host joint training camp practices with the New England Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. on Monday, Aug. 4 – Wednesday, Aug. 6.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said.
All joint practice sessions will be open and free to the public. The practices will lead into the teams’ 2014 preseason debut on Thursday, Aug. 7 at FedExField.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones said. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
Times and details for each session will be announced at a later date. All other training camp dates will be released at another time.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'