May 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host joint training camp practices with the New England Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. on Monday, Aug. 4 – Wednesday, Aug. 6.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said.
All joint practice sessions will be open and free to the public. The practices will lead into the teams’ 2014 preseason debut on Thursday, Aug. 7 at FedExField.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones said. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
Times and details for each session will be announced at a later date. All other training camp dates will be released at another time.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Watch Seahawks-Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX live online
- Little connection between Redskins and Super Bowl teams
- To get the Redskins to the Super Bowl, McCloughan must change team's DNA
- Pro Football Hall of Fame elects class of 2015
- Patriots or Seahawks? Tandler and Tarik give their predictions
- NFLPA chief says salary cap will be higher than league projection
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Take your pick! CSN makes Super Bowl predictions