May 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they will host joint training camp practices with the New England Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. on Monday, Aug. 4 – Wednesday, Aug. 6.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said.
All joint practice sessions will be open and free to the public. The practices will lead into the teams’ 2014 preseason debut on Thursday, Aug. 7 at FedExField.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones said. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
Times and details for each session will be announced at a later date. All other training camp dates will be released at another time.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Could DeSean Jackson get more involved in Redskins' return game?
- DeAngelo Hall listed as a safety on new depth chart
- A simple answer to the Redskins’ home vs. road mystery
- Gruden joins STL to recap the Skins huge victory over New York
- OPEN THREAD: More punt returns for DeSean Jackson?
- DeSean Jackson on beating NYG: 'They said we couldn't do it'
- Cousins: 'It's great to have meaningful football now in December'
- Dashon Goldson's leadership key in Redskins win over Giants
- Best of Redskins Kickoff and Postgame Live: Week 12
- Despite penalties, Jordan Reed comes up big for the Redskins