May 17, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, May 17, 10 days before the start of OTAs.
Here are the 5 most popular post of the week that was:
Grading the Redskins’ draft—Of course it’s way too early. Of course a grade at this point in time doesn’t mean much. But, of course, far more people checked out the article than any other posted on the site. And, of course, if you haven’t read it you’re going to go check it out now.
5 Redskins whose roster spots are in jeopardy after the draft—The NFL is a zero sum game in many ways. If a draft pick is going to stay on the roster it means that someone who was there last year loses his job. Here are five players who could be on the chopping block.
Report: Cousins is on the trading block—This is a story that refuses to go away. We will probably never know exactly what trade talks there were during the draft but it doesn’t appear that a deal was close at any point.
O-line: Ignore what they say, watch what they do—Jay Gruden has said many times that he thought that the offensive line was as bad as some thought last year. Then why does he continue to sign and draft new linemen?
Bashaud Breeland modeled his game after DeAngelo Hall—The Redskins’ fourth-round pick had to wait until Saturday to get picked but he’s happy to be playing with one of his favorite NFL players.
—It’s been 139 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 113 days until they play the Texans in the 2014 season opener.
—Days until: OTAs 10; Training camp starts 67; Preseason opener Patriots @ Redskins 82
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson on beating NYG: 'They said we couldn't do it'
- Cousins: 'It's great to have meaning football now in December'
- Dashon Goldson's leadership key in Redskins win over Giants
- Best of Redskins Kickoff and Postgame Live: Week 12
- Despite penalties, Jordan Reed comes up big for the Redskins
- Gruden on Cousins: 'Everybody looks up to him'
- Redskins TE Carrier day-to-day with ankle, Achilles injuries
- After important win over Giants, Joe Barry hit a hard postgame 'whip'
- Chris Baker's sandwich, 'The Swaggy Melt,' to debut at Harris Teeter
- A 3-2 finish could be good enough for Redskins to win the NFC East