May 17, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, May 17, 10 days before the start of OTAs.
Here are the 5 most popular post of the week that was:
Grading the Redskins’ draft—Of course it’s way too early. Of course a grade at this point in time doesn’t mean much. But, of course, far more people checked out the article than any other posted on the site. And, of course, if you haven’t read it you’re going to go check it out now.
5 Redskins whose roster spots are in jeopardy after the draft—The NFL is a zero sum game in many ways. If a draft pick is going to stay on the roster it means that someone who was there last year loses his job. Here are five players who could be on the chopping block.
Report: Cousins is on the trading block—This is a story that refuses to go away. We will probably never know exactly what trade talks there were during the draft but it doesn’t appear that a deal was close at any point.
O-line: Ignore what they say, watch what they do—Jay Gruden has said many times that he thought that the offensive line was as bad as some thought last year. Then why does he continue to sign and draft new linemen?
Bashaud Breeland modeled his game after DeAngelo Hall—The Redskins’ fourth-round pick had to wait until Saturday to get picked but he’s happy to be playing with one of his favorite NFL players.
—It’s been 139 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 113 days until they play the Texans in the 2014 season opener.
—Days until: OTAs 10; Training camp starts 67; Preseason opener Patriots @ Redskins 82
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Ricky Jean-Francois adapting to new surroundings
- Ryan Kerrigan gives his two cents on DeSean Jackson's OTA absence
- Redskins at the crossroads: S Phillip Thomas
- Need to Know: Should the Redskins have run more on third and short?
- Paea wants to bring J.J. Watt-like attack to Redskins' defense
- Get to know Redskins rookie CB Tevin Mitchel
- Terrance Knighton on building 'brotherhood' on Redskins defense
- Jason Hatcher on the Redskins' improved defensive line
- New defense, new role for DeAngelo Hall as he comes back from injury
- After cutting Tracy Porter, Redskins sign a pair of cornerbacks