May 15, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
Here is a look at how the Redskins’ depth chart stacks up after last week’s NFL draft. Yesterday we examined the offense; we’ll survey the defensive side of the ball here.
(Note: Only undrafted free agents who have been announced by the team or listed by the NFL are included here.)
Starters: Jason Hatcher, Barry Cofield, Jarvis Jenkins
Reserves: Kedric Golston, Chris Baker, Stephen Bowen, Clifton Geathers, Doug Worthington, Chris Neild, Chris Davenport, Robert Thomas
There are four or maybe five backup jobs here. Baker isn’t going anywhere (he could well start over Jenkins) but the three other jobs are up for grabs. Davenport and Thomas are undrafted long shots and Worthington has been around but he hasn’t been able to stay healthy.
Starters: Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan
Reserves: Brandon Jenkins, Rob Jackson, Trent Murphy, Adrian Robinson, Gabe Miller
There could be only two backup jobs and Murphy, the team’s top draft pick, is safe. That could have Jenkins and Jackson as the main contenders for one job.
Starters: Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson
Reserves: Adam Hayward, Akeem Jordan, Will Compton, Jeremy Kimbrough, Darryl Sharpton
The starting job is very much up in the air; Jordan or Sharpton could just as well line up beside Riley. Jordan, Sharpton, and Hayward all were free agent signees and are expected to contribute on special teams.
Starters: DeAngelo Hall, David Amerson
Reserves: Tracy Porter, E. J. Biggers, Bashaud Breeland, Richard Crawford, Chase Minnifield, Peyton Thompson
You could label Porter as a third starter since they frequently open games in the nickel formation. Breeland is probably safe so Biggers, Crawford, and Minnifield will battle for one spot.
Starters: Ryan Clark, Brandon Meriweather
Reserves: Bacarri Rambo,Phillip Thomas, Tanard Jackson, Jose Gumbs, Trenton Robinson, Akeem Davis, Bryan Shepherd
They’ll keep four or maybe five so one or two between Rambo, Jackson, and Gumbs might have to go.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Second Hall injury leaves future with Skins in question
- OPEN THREAD: Run game key for RG3 to succeed
- Report: DeAngelo Hall re-injures Achilles, needs surgery
- Redskins Park observations--Hankerson's status still up in the air
- Gruden and Vikings coach Mike Zimmer go way back
- RG3 is preparing to start vs. Vikings, Rob Carlin reports
- Ex-Eagle Westbrook says Philly misses D. Jackson badly
- Gruden on RG3 'He's at a hundred percent physically'
- Fantasy Fix - Week 9 rankings: Manning or Brady? Brady or Manning?
- Clark, Williams on Redskins' injury report for Thursday