May 13, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
The smartest guys in the room in Las Vegas didn’t think they Redskins had much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl before the draft. What took place during the draft didn’t change their minds.
The betting odds have the Redskins as a 50-1 shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona next February. Those are the same odds that they were given prior to drafting eight players last week.
If you stack up these odds, the Redskins are expected to finish in a familiar spot, last in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both listed at 40-1 and the Eagles are on the fringe of the Super Bowl favorites at 22-1.
Even though there rarely are Super Bowl rematches, that’s what is favored to happen this year. The Seahawks, last years champions, are 6-1 while the Broncos, Seattle’s victims in a Super Bowl beatdown, are 7-1.
Here is the full list of current odds.
Follow Us On Twitter
- London Fletcher: Sean Taylor 'was just scratching the surface'
- Rookie review: How does Kyshoen Jarrett fit into the Redskins' plans?
- Redskins going defense first in many mock drafts
- Should the Redskins bring back DeSean Jackson in 2016?
- Who are the top 5 quarterbacks of all-time?
- Will McCloughan try to build the Redskins' defense through free agency?
- Despite 2015 success, Vegas not high on 2016 Redskins
- Eagles release wide receiver Riley Cooper
- LeSean McCoy involved in incident with off-duty police officers
- Who is ready to take the next step for the Redskins' offense in 2016?