May 13, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
The smartest guys in the room in Las Vegas didn’t think they Redskins had much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl before the draft. What took place during the draft didn’t change their minds.
The betting odds have the Redskins as a 50-1 shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona next February. Those are the same odds that they were given prior to drafting eight players last week.
If you stack up these odds, the Redskins are expected to finish in a familiar spot, last in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both listed at 40-1 and the Eagles are on the fringe of the Super Bowl favorites at 22-1.
Even though there rarely are Super Bowl rematches, that’s what is favored to happen this year. The Seahawks, last years champions, are 6-1 while the Broncos, Seattle’s victims in a Super Bowl beatdown, are 7-1.
Here is the full list of current odds.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Is keeping RG3 the right move for the Redskins?
- Redskins to keep RG3 on roster as backup
- Redskins roster: Who's in, who's out?
- Eagles trade Barkley, what does this mean for Tebow?
- The Redskins' strongest and weakest positions
- Chris Thomspon reveals secret to healthy offseason, and secure roster spot
- Redskins 2015 roster cuts tracker
- Redskins WR Ross: 'I gave it my all'
- Griffin to see two specialists Friday
- Gruden talks about Redskins on the bubble