May 13, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
The smartest guys in the room in Las Vegas didn’t think they Redskins had much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl before the draft. What took place during the draft didn’t change their minds.
The betting odds have the Redskins as a 50-1 shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona next February. Those are the same odds that they were given prior to drafting eight players last week.
If you stack up these odds, the Redskins are expected to finish in a familiar spot, last in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both listed at 40-1 and the Eagles are on the fringe of the Super Bowl favorites at 22-1.
Even though there rarely are Super Bowl rematches, that’s what is favored to happen this year. The Seahawks, last years champions, are 6-1 while the Broncos, Seattle’s victims in a Super Bowl beatdown, are 7-1.
Here is the full list of current odds.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Pierre Garcon stops by SportsTalk Live
- Kai Forbath goes 1-on-1 to diagnose game-winning kick
- Week 8 Starts and Sits: Sammy Watkins set for success
- Rotoworld's Kay Adams on Alfred Morris' fantasy value
- Larry Michael makes his Redskins-Cowboys pick
- Tom Compton to replace Tyler Polumbus at right tackle
- Redskins getting close to full health
- RG3 quotes Churchill, leaves door open to playing vs. Dallas
- OPEN THREAD: Can Amerson, Breeland slow down Dez Bryant?
- With Riley on the mend, Will Compton could return to bench