May 13, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
The smartest guys in the room in Las Vegas didn’t think they Redskins had much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl before the draft. What took place during the draft didn’t change their minds.
The betting odds have the Redskins as a 50-1 shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona next February. Those are the same odds that they were given prior to drafting eight players last week.
If you stack up these odds, the Redskins are expected to finish in a familiar spot, last in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both listed at 40-1 and the Eagles are on the fringe of the Super Bowl favorites at 22-1.
Even though there rarely are Super Bowl rematches, that’s what is favored to happen this year. The Seahawks, last years champions, are 6-1 while the Broncos, Seattle’s victims in a Super Bowl beatdown, are 7-1.
Here is the full list of current odds.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Virginia Gov. pays visit to Redskins training camp
- RG3: Redskins are 'definitely built for speed'
- OPEN THREAD: Gruden calls tackling No. 1 defensive issue
- Andre Roberts on WRs: 'We all want to have the 1,000-yard season'
- Will Gruden's scheme make Morris a dual-threat RB? (VIDEO)
- Redskins camp news and notes, Day 7--Continuity in the running game
- Does Redskins rookie have worst haircut in the NFL? (VIDEO)
- Redskins Coach Jay Gruden cuts practice short
- Jay Gruden says kicking competition is an ongoing process
- NFL adopts zero tolerance for verbal abuse