May 13, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
The smartest guys in the room in Las Vegas didn’t think they Redskins had much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl before the draft. What took place during the draft didn’t change their minds.
The betting odds have the Redskins as a 50-1 shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona next February. Those are the same odds that they were given prior to drafting eight players last week.
If you stack up these odds, the Redskins are expected to finish in a familiar spot, last in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both listed at 40-1 and the Eagles are on the fringe of the Super Bowl favorites at 22-1.
Even though there rarely are Super Bowl rematches, that’s what is favored to happen this year. The Seahawks, last years champions, are 6-1 while the Broncos, Seattle’s victims in a Super Bowl beatdown, are 7-1.
Here is the full list of current odds.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line
- With injuries at cornerback, Fuller is the next man up for the Redskins
- Will DeAngelo Hall return to the Redskins in 2017?
- A lucky win for the Redskins? Or were Giants lucky to be in it?
- Need to Know: Redskins 29, Giants 27 by the numbers
- MRI reveals Redskins' DeAngelo Hall has completely torn ACL
- Su'a Cravens channels Chappelle Show in perfect postgame tweet after Redskins win
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed