May 4, 2014, 5:48 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, May 4, four days before the NFL draft.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
CSN’s Redskins draft board: Inside linebacker—Do the Redskins have London Fletcher’s replacement on the roster right now? They could look to the draft to find a long-term solution.
Draft chatter: Will Gruden want another tight end?—Jay Gruden used two tight ends very effectively in Cincinnati. Will he want the Redskins to take a tag team partner for Jordan Reed in the early going during the draft?
Draft trade back scenarios for the Redskins—The Redskins have only six picks in a deep draft. They could get more by trading back; here are a few possible scenarios.
Five safe draft picks for the Redskins at 34—The Redskins can’t afford to take chances with any of their picks; here are five safe picks who should be there with their top selection.
Who will start at safety for the Redskins?—It’s two questions, really. Who will line up when the season starts? And is there anyone who might overtake the starters as the season goes on?
The best of the rest from the week:
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Wide receiver
- Will Garçon repeat his 2013 performance?
- Boom or bust for Jackson in DC?
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Outside linebacker
- Redskins not concerned about Jackson’s “red flags”
- Will Griffin bounce back?
- Has Orakpo proven himself?
- Draft chatter: Chances good that best available at 34 plays D-line
- Just a ‘sprinkle’ of option in ’14
- Fletcher: To lead, RG3 needs to be ‘a bad guy’ sometimes
- Despite surgery, Bowen remains in Redskins’ plans
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Cornerback
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'