May 4, 2014, 5:48 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, May 4, four days before the NFL draft.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
CSN’s Redskins draft board: Inside linebacker—Do the Redskins have London Fletcher’s replacement on the roster right now? They could look to the draft to find a long-term solution.
Draft chatter: Will Gruden want another tight end?—Jay Gruden used two tight ends very effectively in Cincinnati. Will he want the Redskins to take a tag team partner for Jordan Reed in the early going during the draft?
Draft trade back scenarios for the Redskins—The Redskins have only six picks in a deep draft. They could get more by trading back; here are a few possible scenarios.
Five safe draft picks for the Redskins at 34—The Redskins can’t afford to take chances with any of their picks; here are five safe picks who should be there with their top selection.
Who will start at safety for the Redskins?—It’s two questions, really. Who will line up when the season starts? And is there anyone who might overtake the starters as the season goes on?
The best of the rest from the week:
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Wide receiver
- Will Garçon repeat his 2013 performance?
- Boom or bust for Jackson in DC?
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Outside linebacker
- Redskins not concerned about Jackson’s “red flags”
- Will Griffin bounce back?
- Has Orakpo proven himself?
- Draft chatter: Chances good that best available at 34 plays D-line
- Just a ‘sprinkle’ of option in ’14
- Fletcher: To lead, RG3 needs to be ‘a bad guy’ sometimes
- Despite surgery, Bowen remains in Redskins’ plans
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Cornerback
Follow Us On Twitter
- After 2016 NFL Draft, Redskins Super Bowl odds shift for next season
- 3 things to know about Redskins third round pick Kendall Fuller
- McCloughan: 'Genetic freak' Vernon Davis ready to go
- Josh Norman has a simple mantra on the field: 'Seek and destroy'
- Redskins announce jersey numbers for draftees, free agents
- 3 things to know about Redskins second round pick Su'a Cravens
- McCloughan says he prefers low-mileage running backs
- McCloughan may use extra 2017 picks to deal for players this year
- McCloughan reveals where the Redskins will line up Cravens in base defense
- Redskins release eight players on first Monday following draft