May 1, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
The website Sports on Earth conducted a two-round mock draft with three of their football analysts each making every pick. The idea is that former Chicago Tribune writer Dan Pompei is supposed to figure out who the team is likely to select, former scout Russ Lande picks the player that the team needs and Mike Tanier of Football Outsiders and other websites tries to think of an out-of-the-box selection.
Scroll aaallll the way down to the Redskins’ top pick, the second of the second round, the 34th overall and you’ll find this trio of possible picks:
LB C. J. Mosley, Alabama—Tanier’s outside-the-box thinking here is displayed more in the fact that he has him on the board still. He’s probably a top-20 pick in many the eyes of many.
OT Morgan Moses, Virginia—This is Pompei’s “likely” pick. His logic is that after having invested so many picks in acquiring Robert Griffin III they should invest one in protecting him.
G David Yankey, Stanford—And Lande comes in with the “what they need” pick and it’s hard to argue that the Redskins could use a young stud who could possibly help man the interior of the line for the next decade or so.
Which one of these players would you like to see the Redskins take?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' revamped O-line is making strides
- Will Thompson remain in the mix for the Redskins?
- What will the Redskins do with four starters out?
- Reed, Culliver among several starters out vs. Falcons
- Kirk's next challenge: Starting a winning streak
- Jarrett looking like a draft steal for the Redskins
- Baylor RG3 statue vandalized
- Jordan Reed remains in concussion protocol system
- Fantasy Fix: Todd Gurley running hot in Week 5 rankings
- Redskins are lost away from home