May 1, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
The website Sports on Earth conducted a two-round mock draft with three of their football analysts each making every pick. The idea is that former Chicago Tribune writer Dan Pompei is supposed to figure out who the team is likely to select, former scout Russ Lande picks the player that the team needs and Mike Tanier of Football Outsiders and other websites tries to think of an out-of-the-box selection.
Scroll aaallll the way down to the Redskins’ top pick, the second of the second round, the 34th overall and you’ll find this trio of possible picks:
LB C. J. Mosley, Alabama—Tanier’s outside-the-box thinking here is displayed more in the fact that he has him on the board still. He’s probably a top-20 pick in many the eyes of many.
OT Morgan Moses, Virginia—This is Pompei’s “likely” pick. His logic is that after having invested so many picks in acquiring Robert Griffin III they should invest one in protecting him.
G David Yankey, Stanford—And Lande comes in with the “what they need” pick and it’s hard to argue that the Redskins could use a young stud who could possibly help man the interior of the line for the next decade or so.
Which one of these players would you like to see the Redskins take?
Follow Us On Twitter
- The Redskins have spent a ton of draft resources on quarterbacks
- 25 Redskins questions: Who replaces Orakpo?
- OPEN THREAD: How much can Redskins get in trade for No. 5 pick?
- Backup running back by committee for the Redskins?
- Knighton's decision to bet on himself impressed Redskins
- Comments of the Week: Who said what about RG3?
- Lack of ties to current players helps Redskins GM make evaluations
- Redskins Draft Countdown: Penn State safety Adrian Amos
- OPEN THREAD: No help for Redskins offensive line until NFL Draft?
- Redskins face high roster turnover again in 2015