Apr 29, 2014, 4:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, April 29, nine days before the NFL draft.
Yesterday we looked at how the departure of DeSean Jackson and the explosive plays he produced could hurt the Eagles’ offense. Here is a look at his five longest plays of 2013 (all pass receptions).
61 yards, TD pass from Michael Vick vs. Chargers—This deep pass tied the game at 20 late in the third quarter.
59 yards, pass from Nick Foles vs. Raiders—This one got the Eagles from their own 32 down to the Raiders nine and it set up one of Foles’ NFL record-tying seven touchdown passes during the game. Jackson did get in on the historic scoring action with a 46-yard TD catch earlier in the game.
56 yards, pass from Vick vs. Giants—A deep pass down the middle got the Eagles down to the New York 15 and set up a touchdown that put Philly in the lead in the second quarter.
55 yards, pass from Foles, TD vs. Packers—This gave the Eagles a 7-0 first-quarter lead that they never relinquished to the Packers, who were quarterbacked by Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien.
51 yards, pass from Foles vs. Vikings—This one came in garbage time with the Eagles down 41-22 midway though the fourth quarter. It did set up a Foles TD pass to Jason Avant that helped make the final a bit more respectable.
—It’s been 121 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 131 days until they play the Texans in the 2014 season opener.
—Days until: NFL Draft 9; Training camp starts 85; Redskins @ Eagles 146
In case you missed it
- Boom or bust for Jackson in DC?
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Outside linebacker
- Report: Josh Morgan arrested outside of nightclub
- Redskins not concerned about Jackson’s “red flags”
- DeSean Jackson’s explosive plays fed the Eagles’ offense last year
- RG3’s top five pass targets in 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- VIDEO: McNabb throws out first pitch at Cubs game
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins contain Odell Beckham Jr.?
- How will Cavanaugh impact RG3?
- Redskins position preview: Cornerback
- The most overrated and underrated Redskins
- Redskins will benefit the least from Richardson, McClain and Hardy suspensions
- Even after free agency, Redskins Super Bowl odds still get worse
- Is play action a cure for Redskins' and RG3's problems?
- Ryan Kerrigan gives update on knee after surgery
- Redskins preseason Q&A: Which rookie will have the most impact?