Apr 28, 2014, 5:02 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, April 28, 10 days before the NFL draft.
Here are the top five targets for the 456 passes thrown by Robert Griffin III in his 13 starts in 2013.
Pierre Garçon, 138—This is no surprise since over the course of all 16 games he led the NFL in passes thrown his way with 182.
Jordan Reed, 56—With such a drop off from Garçon to Reed in the second spot, it’s no wonder that the Redskins went big at wide receiver in free agency. The Griffin-Reed connection started early with the rookie getting six passes thrown his way in the season opener.
Santana Moss, 55—Although Moss didn’t have a stellar year he remained Griffin’s security blanket in many situations. Those improvements in the receiver corps in the form of DeSean Jackson and Andre Roberts certainly put Moss’ role in the offense up in the air. In fact, his spot on the roster could be in jeopardy.
Leonard Hankerson, 49—He was in the midst of a solid season, but not the breakout year many had anticipated, when he suffered a torn ACL against the Eagles in Week 11.
Roy Helu, 35—This isn’t that surprising if you consider that Helu was used at lot while the Redskins were trailing in games and they were behind, well, a lot. In case you were wondering, Alfred Morris was targeted eight times by Griffin.
Who do you think will be his top targets in 2014? Let us know in the comments.
—It’s been 120 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 132 days until they play the Texans in the 2014 season opener.
—Days until: First veteran minicamp 1; NFL Draft 10; Training camp starts 86
In case you missed it
- CSN’s Redskins draft board: Wide receiver
- Will Garçon repeat his 2013 performance?
- Will Gruden want another TE?
- Who will start at safety for the Redskins?
- Orakpo, RG3 most talked about Redskins this week
Follow Us On Twitter
- Mitchell's STRONG response for critics of DeSean skipping OTAs
- What does the future hold for Redskins' Moses?
- Redskins say so long to well paid but seldom used cornerback
- Redskins release veteran offensive lineman, clears way for young player
- REPORT: Decision is in for Redskins on HBO's Hard Knocks
- Andre Roberts welcomes increased competition from rookie Crowder
- Need to Know: Redskins defense to focus on takeaways
- DeSean Jackson attends Eastern Conference Finals on first day of OTAs
- Redskins' DeAngelo Hall sets target date for return
- Gruden expects 'significant strides' from RG3 in 2015