Apr 24, 2014, 5:17 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, April 24, 14 days before the NFL draft.
Here are the five pivotal points in the Redskins 2014 schedule:
Week 2 vs. Jaguars—This team has a proclivity for laying an egg at home, or even multiple eggs. If they want to have a winning home record they need to beat the teams they should beat.
Week 6 @ Cardinals—Last year the Cards were a team on the rise with a new coach. That’s what the Redskins want to be this year. A road win in the conference like this one will help them get there.
Week 9 @ Vikings—This will be the fifth straight year these teams have met and Minnesota has taken three out of four. There is no reason to think the they will be a powerhouse and it’s a road game the Redskins should win.
Week 13 @ Colts—We can debate Andrew Luck vs. RG3 all day but the simple fact is that the Colts are 22-10 in games started by Luck and the Redskins are 12-16 with Griffin at the helm. Griffin’s team has to get better and it would help if they could take advantage of this rare meeting between the top two QB’s from the 2012 draft.
Week 17 vs. Cowboys—We don’t know if this game will have any meaning for the either team. But we do know that the Redskins will be playing for a season sweep or at least a split. Beating Dallas is a good way to end the season on a high note whether there are postseason games to follow or not. Games against Dallas have historically been bellwethers for the Redskins.
—It’s been 116 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be 136 days until they play the Texans in the 2014 season opener.
—Days until: First veteran minicamp 5; NFL Draft 14; Training camp starts 90
In case you missed it
- Redskins release full 2014 slate
- Schedule Release: Predicting the Redskins’ 2014 games
- Who will assume Fletcher’s leadership role on the Redskins?
- Draft chatter: 30 players invited to NFL draft in New York
- Five players the Redskins should hope slide down in the draft
Follow Us On Twitter
- Running back Marshall expected to miss 3 weeks with elbow injury
- Comfort level the key for Redskins' Smith as he looks for a big season
- Redskins' starting defense is sharp in small preseason sample of work
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Roster bubble ready to pop for many
- Bryan Stork clarifies next move after days of speculation with Redskins
- Redskins cut 10 players before Tuesday deadline
- Reports: News encouraging for injured Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan after MRI
- Cowboys fans biggest fear - Major injury strikes Tony Romo in preseason
- Former Redskins safety Dashon Goldson to work out with Falcons
- Ryan Kerrigan's early exit vs Bills shows Redskins lack of depth at edge rusher