Apr 20, 2014, 5:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, April 20, nine days before the first veteran minicamp.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Draft chatter: Could CB Darqueze Dennard fall to the Redskins?—It’s that time of year when everyone gets interested in the draft. Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network thinks that Dennard, the Jim Thorpe Award winner out of Michigan State, can slide back into the end of the first round, meaning it’s possible that he’ll be there when the Redskins pick at 34. What would they do?
2. Need to Know: Will Santana Moss make the Redskins’ roster?—Five thoughts on the state of the Redskins including whether Santana Moss will play enough on special teams to justify keeping him as a reserve receiver.
3. CSN’s Redskins draft board: Quarterback—At some point the Redskins will need a backup quarterback. Even if they don’t trade Kirk Cousins, his contract will be up after the 2015 season. And Colt McCoy doesn’t seem to be a long-term solution. If they right guy is there is this year’s draft will the pull the trigger?
4. Draft chatter: Bridgewater slide could benefit Redskins—Here’s more talk of quarterbacks. Spoiler alert—no discussion of the Redskins drafting Bridgewater here, it’s a trade down scenario.
5. Need to Know: Which five Redskins will benefit most from the change to Gruden?—You don’t know who will thrive under a new coach until the games start but we can look at the tea leaves and try to figure it out.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Redskins’ Sundberg (knee surgery) cleared to return
- Will Jordan Reed have a Pro Bowl season for the Redskins?
- Draft chatter: “Needs” often overrated by fans, media
- Shea says ex-coaches “dropped the ball” on RG3’s fundamentals
- Will Haslett’s “uncuffed” defensive scheme work for the Redskins?
- Fan mailbag: Moss’ status and getting younger in the draft
- Five key questions that will impact the Redskins’ draft
- Redskins among NFL’s most stable teams
Follow Us On Twitter
- VIDEO: McNabb throws out first pitch at Cubs game
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins contain Odell Beckham Jr.?
- How will Cavanaugh impact RG3?
- Week 1 backups who could become starters for the Redskins
- Redskins position preview: Cornerback
- The most overrated and underrated Redskins
- Redskins will benefit the least from Richardson, McClain and Hardy suspensions
- Even after free agency, Redskins Super Bowl odds still get worse
- Is play action a cure for Redskins' and RG3's problems?
- Ryan Kerrigan gives update on knee after surgery