Apr 12, 2014, 5:13 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, April 12, 26 days before the NFL draft.
Here are the top five players trending on Redskins Talk this week.
Robert Griffin III—The logo. Among fans, the two camps are “hate it” and “don’t care”.
Ryan Clark—Yes, he talked about “the logo” in an appearance on ESPN. His comment? “So what”. In the same appearance he also mentioned that Griffin was leading the way in sprints during the workouts that started this week.
DeSean Jackson—Again, Redskins Nation is a house divided here, over Jackson’s absence from the start of team workouts. “It’s a terrible start” was one opinion and “who cares” was the other. Clark, who went to Connecticut to work his “other” job on the ESPN set after attending the first two days of the conditioning sessions, was in the “who cares” on this one, too.
Jay Gruden—Although he can’t yet get out of the field with his players yet, the new coach was able to meet with his players and talk about football.
Rob Jackson—Everyone was wondering why it took the Redskins so long to bring him back and if he will get a bigger role than he got during his disappointing 2013 season.
—It’s been 104 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 148 days until they play another one.
—Days until: First veteran minicamp 17; NFL Draft 26; Training camp starts 102
In case you missed it
- Safety a tough spot to fill
- Enemy Intel: New York Giants
- Who will win the Redskins’ punting job?
- Five popular Redskins mock draft picks at No. 34
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jay Gruden looking for the right 53 (VIDEO)
- Gruden plans to get RG3 more reps at training camp (VIDEO)
- Players and coaches feeling the pressure at camp (VIDEO)
- Gruden: "We don't have anybody coming from Seattle"
- Gruden on relationship with RG3: 'Happiness comes with wins'
- 'Anchorman' homage: Jay Gruden regrets decision on hot day
- Hatcher, Bowen and Hankerson put on PUP
- Ex-Redskin Fred Davis wanted in domestic violence assault
- Leonard Hankerson running, cutting on surgically repaired knee
- Source: Redskins CB Richard Crawford cleared for camp