Apr 10, 2014, 4:52 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, April 10, 28 days before the NFL draft.
1. Andre Johnson, 1,407 rec. yards (Texans)—He’ll be 33 before the season starts and you keep thinking he’s going to slow down. Maybe he has lost a step but he’s still one of the most productive receivers out there.
2. Dez Bryant, 1,233 yards (Cowboys)—DeAngelo Hall generally does a good job at locking him up but he’s still a massive red zone threat and a guy who can take it all the way from anywhere on the field.
3. Vincent Jackson, 1,224 yards (Bucs)—Another giant at 6-5, Jackson can catch it in traffic and also make the highlight reel diving grab.
4. Anquan Boldin, 1,179 yards (49ers)—The league wouldn’t let him sign with the Redskins because he already owns them. In five career games against the Redskins Bouldin has 28 receptions for 340 yards and seven touchdowns. So, yeah, they’d better watch out against him.
5. T. Y. Hilton, 1,083 yards (Colts)—You think of the long ball when thinking of Hilton but he’s really more of a grinder with 82 receptions and 13.2 average per catch last year. Still, you’d better give him some cushion. In his two seasons he has eight touchdown catches of 40 yards or longer including one in the playoffs last year.
—Redskins tackle Tyler Polumbus was born on this date in 1985
—It’s been 102 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 150 days until they play another one.
—Days until: First veteran minicamp 19; NFL Draft 28; Training camp starts 104
In case you missed it
- Let the (preseason) games begin
- Rob Jackson ‘hungry’ to capitalize on opportunity
- Jackson’s release a matter of money?
- Redskins go into workouts in relatively good health
- Clark dishes on RG3 logo, DeSean’s absence
- The five best players drafted with the 34th pick
Tandler talks about the start of workouts
Follow Us On Twitter
- Adam Hayward lands on IR, Trent Williams is day-to-day
- Gruden discusses Amerson's status for Indy
- 'High hopes' for a Trent Williams return vs. Colts
- Gruden: RG3 remains starter, for now
- Jay Gruden addresses status of Redskins' starting QB
- Redskins defense solid vs. 49ers but fades in the clutch
- Waiver wire: No-name RBs offer Week 13 help and beyond
- Gruden and Belichick handle supensions differently
- OPEN THREAD: Just how good of a performance from Redskins defense?
- Greatest catch of all time? Not if you ask Beckham