Apr 8, 2014, 4:58 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, April 8, 30 days before the NFL draft.
Here are five Redskins who will be under pressure to perform in 2014:
Robert Griffin III—If you need an explanation here, you need to turn in your football fan card.
David Amerson—If a second-round pick can’t step into a vacant starter position in his second season something is wrong. Amerson played over 700 snaps as the nickel back last year so he had a solid apprenticeship.
Brian Orakpo—Word is that there was a lot of internal debate over whether the team should tag Orkapo or save that $11.4 million in cap room and address multiple other needs. They cast their lot with Orakpo and now it’s up to him to prove those who advocated his return right.
Kai Forbath—In the field goal department he started off slowly but finished the year on a pretty good hot streak. But his kickoffs were mediocre at best and he bears part of the blame for the Redskins’ awful showing on special teams last year.
Whoever they draft with the 34th pick—This player is likely to be in a position where he will be expected to either start immediately (if they take, say, a right tackle) or contribute from the beginning and take over the starting job at some point during the season (safety). On a team with a lot of needs the top pick can’t afford the luxury of easing in to the NFL.
—It’s been 100 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 152 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp starts 106
In case you missed it
- Cofield: Aggressive D is “the plan”
- Williams defends Jackson: ‘People just want to pick you apart’
- Redskins depth chart help wanted: Offense
- Redskins get back to work Monday
- Can the Redskins get the most out of Jackson in 2014?
- Will the Redskins look for any more outside linebackers?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins preseason finale moved to Wednesday due to inclement weather
- Dustin Hopkins shows no mercy, mashes a home run off helpless kid
- This Redskins rookie and his girlfriend have the best pregame ritual
- Gruden, Bruton, Golston and Jean-Francois all discuss Colin Kaepernick
- It appears that Josh Doctson is returning, according to a tweet of his
- Redskins claim ex-Hokie, former Broncos pick to shore up OL depth
- Redskins' Cullen Jenkins will need to get up to speed in a hurry
- Gruden hints that Josh Doctson could be ready for Redskins in Week 1 against Steelers
- With addition of Cullen Jenkins, whose job is on the line?
- Redskins Playbook - Practice for Josh Doctson?