Apr 6, 2014, 4:58 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, April 6, one day before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Can the Redskins afford DeSean Jackson?—Before Jackson even arrived to visit there was sky-high interest on the possibility of the free agent wide receiver coming to the Redskins. The answer to the question, obviously, was yes and for even less money that was originally thought.
2. NFL mock draft 7.0—There are some very interesting twists and turns here in Ben Standig’s latest effort. For the record, I fully endorse the player he has as the Redskins’ pick with the 34th selection.
3. Redskins sign QB Colt McCoy—Backup quarterbacks are news in Washington and people wanted to know about the signing of the former Browns starter and 49ers backup. Another post analyzing the ripple effects the signing might have also finished in the top 10.
4. DeAngelo Hall says signing Jackson would “make my year”—What’s not to like for Hall in the deal? He doesn’t have to try to keep up with Jackson and the TD’s the receiver scores help Jackson’s team.
5. Redskins sign DeSean Jackson—It didn’t happen until nearly midnight on Tuesday and when people woke up to the news they wanted to read the details.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Kerrigan’s knee is ‘pretty much 100-percent’
- Gruden could hamper Alfred Morris fantasy impact
- Moss: Clark ‘a quarterback on defense’
- Redskins trying to temper Jackson expectations
- DeSean Jackson’s five biggest plays vs. the Redskins
- Statement made: Redskins are all in
- DeSean Jackson: The Playmaker
- RG3 to keep wearing No. 10 for Redskins
- Rob Jackson is back
- NFLPA investigating Eagles over Jackson matter
- Thomas tweets that he’s been cleared
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Bills: 5 things to watch in the preseason game that matters
- Think again about Redskins taking a serious look at Stevan Ridley
- Report: Stork to report to Redskins over the weekend
- Projecting the Redskins 53-man roster: First cuts approaching
- Redskins Playbook: Watching for the Stork as practice moves locations
- Money matters in Stork's decision to play for Redskins
- Need to Know: Other positions could squeeze Redskins' numbers at linebacker
- Redskins trade for Bryan Stork made official
- Is Bryan Stork retiring instead of joining the Redskins?
- Patriots trade C Bryan Stork to Redskins