Apr 6, 2014, 4:58 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, April 6, one day before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Can the Redskins afford DeSean Jackson?—Before Jackson even arrived to visit there was sky-high interest on the possibility of the free agent wide receiver coming to the Redskins. The answer to the question, obviously, was yes and for even less money that was originally thought.
2. NFL mock draft 7.0—There are some very interesting twists and turns here in Ben Standig’s latest effort. For the record, I fully endorse the player he has as the Redskins’ pick with the 34th selection.
3. Redskins sign QB Colt McCoy—Backup quarterbacks are news in Washington and people wanted to know about the signing of the former Browns starter and 49ers backup. Another post analyzing the ripple effects the signing might have also finished in the top 10.
4. DeAngelo Hall says signing Jackson would “make my year”—What’s not to like for Hall in the deal? He doesn’t have to try to keep up with Jackson and the TD’s the receiver scores help Jackson’s team.
5. Redskins sign DeSean Jackson—It didn’t happen until nearly midnight on Tuesday and when people woke up to the news they wanted to read the details.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Kerrigan’s knee is ‘pretty much 100-percent’
- Gruden could hamper Alfred Morris fantasy impact
- Moss: Clark ‘a quarterback on defense’
- Redskins trying to temper Jackson expectations
- DeSean Jackson’s five biggest plays vs. the Redskins
- Statement made: Redskins are all in
- DeSean Jackson: The Playmaker
- RG3 to keep wearing No. 10 for Redskins
- Rob Jackson is back
- NFLPA investigating Eagles over Jackson matter
- Thomas tweets that he’s been cleared
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jay Gruden: Patriots have proven to be 'model franchise'
- VIDEO: Meteorologist Jay Gruden hopes to scare away rain
- RG3 loving referees at practice, defense not so much (VIDEO)
- Trent Murphy ready for the speed of the NFL (VIDEO)
- What are Ryan Kerrigan's goals for training camp? (VIDEO)
- Jay Gruden, Redskins excited to host Patriots
- Rice Jr. suffers torn labrum
- Redskins' Hasett already annoyed with officials over new rules
- Redskins training camp sees its first proposal
- Redskins practice report, Day 8: Two-minue drills