Apr 5, 2014, 5:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, April 5, two days before the Redskins start their offseason workouts.
Here are the five most talked about people this week on Redskins Talk.
DeAngelo Hall—He was doubly happy about the DeSean Jackson signing. No more will he have to worry about needing to cover DeSean Jackson and any long TD’s the wide receiver scores will help Hall’s side.
Pierre Garçon—You have to figure that Garçon will be happy to have someone to draw attention away from him. He was looking forward to lining up opposite Jackson.
Aldrick Robinson—He has worn Jersey No. 11 since he was drafted by the Redskins in 2011. But he tweeted on Thursday that he was switching his number to 15. It didn’t take a whole lot of detective work to figure out what would happen next and it was confirmed the next day when it was made official that Jackson would wear No. 11.
Ryan Clark—Jackson wasn’t the only signing of the week. After negotiations that lasted about three weeks the veteran safety agreed to return to the team he played for in 2004 and 2005.
DeSean Jackson—Oh, yeah, there was some talk about him, too. It started before he even visited Redskins Park. This post from Sunday looking at whether the Redskins would be able to afford to sign the free agent wide receiver was the top Jackson post of the week.
—Redskins wide receivers coach Ike Hilliard was born on this date in 1976.
—It’s been 97 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 155 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 2; NFL Draft 33; Training camp starts 109
In case you missed it
- Rob Jackson is back
- NFLPA investigating Eagles over Jackson matter
- Thomas tweets that he’s been cleared
- McGlynn could push for starting role on Redskins’ O-line
- Jackson takes the high road when asked about Eagles
- The next five things on Gruden and the Redskins’ to-do list
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins exec Doug Williams: 'Nobody has given up on [RG3]'
- Gruden: D-Hall may need to rely on experience, not athleticism
- What does Mariota's visit with the Redskins mean?
- Are there non-Mariota draft trade back scenarios for the Redskins?
- Jay Gruden on possibility Skins draft Mariota
- Tarik El-Bashir previews the Redskins' meeting with QB Marcus Mariota
- Redskins plan to host QB prospect Marcus Mariota
- Gruden's goal: Get Garçon more touches in '15
- Redskins' Gruden more confident in his approach in 2015
- How will roster continue to change under McCloughan?