Apr 5, 2014, 5:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, April 5, two days before the Redskins start their offseason workouts.
Here are the five most talked about people this week on Redskins Talk.
DeAngelo Hall—He was doubly happy about the DeSean Jackson signing. No more will he have to worry about needing to cover DeSean Jackson and any long TD’s the wide receiver scores will help Hall’s side.
Pierre Garçon—You have to figure that Garçon will be happy to have someone to draw attention away from him. He was looking forward to lining up opposite Jackson.
Aldrick Robinson—He has worn Jersey No. 11 since he was drafted by the Redskins in 2011. But he tweeted on Thursday that he was switching his number to 15. It didn’t take a whole lot of detective work to figure out what would happen next and it was confirmed the next day when it was made official that Jackson would wear No. 11.
Ryan Clark—Jackson wasn’t the only signing of the week. After negotiations that lasted about three weeks the veteran safety agreed to return to the team he played for in 2004 and 2005.
DeSean Jackson—Oh, yeah, there was some talk about him, too. It started before he even visited Redskins Park. This post from Sunday looking at whether the Redskins would be able to afford to sign the free agent wide receiver was the top Jackson post of the week.
—Redskins wide receivers coach Ike Hilliard was born on this date in 1976.
—It’s been 97 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 155 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 2; NFL Draft 33; Training camp starts 109
In case you missed it
- Rob Jackson is back
- NFLPA investigating Eagles over Jackson matter
- Thomas tweets that he’s been cleared
- McGlynn could push for starting role on Redskins’ O-line
- Jackson takes the high road when asked about Eagles
- The next five things on Gruden and the Redskins’ to-do list
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: First thoughts on Redskins vs. Browns—Too obvious to be a trap
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is