Mar 31, 2014, 4:58 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, March 31, seven days before the Redskins start their offseason workouts.
We don’t know if DeSean Jackson is going to play for the Redskins but we do know that he’s not going to be playing for Eagles. With his career in Philly over, here is a look back at Jackson’s five longest plays against the Redskins (all were TDs).
1. 88-yard pass from Michael Vick (Nov. 15, 2010)—Everybody was pretty pumped up for this Monday night clash at FedEx Field until Vick launched this bomb to Jackson on the very first play from scrimmage. Things went downhill from there in Philly’s 59-28 demolition of the Redskins.
2. 68-yard punt return (Oct. 5, 2008)—This play came the first time Jackson touched the ball in a game against the Redskins. He took a weak Durant Brooks punt to the house to give the Eagles a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. However, Jim Zorn’s team rallied for a 23-17 win.
3. 67-yard run (Oct 26, 2009)—This was on a Monday night at FedEx field, a year before the Vick debacle. Foreshadowing the play at the top of the list here, Jackson took a handoff from Donovan McNabb and scooted around left end for the touchdown on the Eagles’ first series of the game. Philly went on to win 27-17 in a game that was not as close as the score indicated.
4. 62-yard pass from Michael Vick (January 1, 2012)—Both teams were playing out the string in the 2011 season finale. The Redskins scored early in the fourth quarter to pull to within 13-10. But four plays later Vick launched a bomb to Jackson, who had gotten behind the secondary. That was the first of 21 unanswered fourth-quarter points as Philly won 34-10.
5. 57-yard pass from Donovan McNabb (Oct. 26, 2009)—Later in the same game where Jackson had the 67-yard run, the Eagles faced third and 22 at their own 43. No problem as McNabb found Jackson open on the left side and the pass was good for 57 yards and the touchdown.
In 11 career games against the Redskins, Jackson has 32 receptions for 572 yards (17.9 avg.) and five touchdowns and six rushing attempts for 94 yards (15.7 avg.) and one touchdown.
—It’s been 92 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 160 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 7; NFL Draft 38; Training camp starts 114
In case you missed it
- Jackson headed to Ashburn on a business trip
- Can the Redskins afford to sign DeSean Jackson?
- Kerrigan’s knee is ‘pretty much 100-percent’
- DeSean, DB’s, depth chart highlight week’s top five Redskins posts
Follow Us On Twitter
- Alfred Morris feels a bit out of place being regarded as a veteran
- Culliver excited to get started with Redskins' new-look defense
- Redskins veteran DeAngelo Hall is confident he'll start in 2015
- PFT Live: Rich Tandler talks Junior Galette and the Redskins
- RG3 on the difference between him now and when he was a rookie
- RG3 on how his new baby has changed his life
- RG3 says he and teammates are buying in to Gruden's offense
- Ryan Clark on Sean Taylor: 'He had all time great talent'
- RG3 on Gruden's plans to run the ball more in 2015
- Tarik's Training Camp Checklist: What to watch on Day 1