Mar 30, 2014, 5:59 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, March 30, eight days before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Allen: Thomas was going to start at safety last year—The GM’s revelation here created questions about the plans the team has for their fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft. There are possibilities but Thomas is still a question mark despite Allen’s “high hopes”.
2. Five free agents the Redskins can still pursue—The big names are gone and even a lot of the better players on the second and third tiers have signed. But there are still players out there who can help the Redskins. Eric Winston, anyone?
3. Porter a piece of the defensive backfield puzzle—The veteran cornerback will be wearing his fourth different uniform in four years. You can say he can’t hold a job but, on the other hand, he has no problem getting a job.
4. Five possible depth chart surprises for the 2014 Redskins—Tom Compton at right tackle? Kennan Robinson at Jack linebacker? With a new head coach there are always plenty of lineup surprises and we look at a few possibilities here.
5. Redskins are interested in DeSean Jackson—Since that was posted, the team’s interest has advanced to the point where Jackson will be visiting Redskins Park on Monday. Stay tuned, it seems likely that there will be much, much more on this topic in the coming days.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Help wanted at outside linebacker
- Enemy Intel: Minnesota Vikings
- The top five running backs the Redskins will face in 2014
- Gruden not worried about RG3-Shanahan in 2013
- Gruden: Building ‘honest’ relationship with RG3 is job No. 1
- Gruden confirms Redskins offensive line changes
- Gruden in no hurry to give Orakpo a long-term contract
- CSN Mock Draft 6.0 – Chaos in round 1
- The top five takeaways from Gruden’s presser
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kai Forbath says kicker competition made him better
- Gruden addresses Redskins' running back decisions
- Redskins mostly healthy going into opener
- New Redskins' safety Ihenacho eager to contribute vs Houston
- Redskins' RG3: 'We fixed what we had to fix'
- Redskins issue jersey numbers
- PREVIEW: Redskins owner Dan Snyder speaks on team name
- Redskins get younger, are still one of league's older teams
- Redskins don't offer Seastrunk a practice squad spot
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. adds to his Redskins collection