Mar 30, 2014, 5:59 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, March 30, eight days before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Allen: Thomas was going to start at safety last year—The GM’s revelation here created questions about the plans the team has for their fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft. There are possibilities but Thomas is still a question mark despite Allen’s “high hopes”.
2. Five free agents the Redskins can still pursue—The big names are gone and even a lot of the better players on the second and third tiers have signed. But there are still players out there who can help the Redskins. Eric Winston, anyone?
3. Porter a piece of the defensive backfield puzzle—The veteran cornerback will be wearing his fourth different uniform in four years. You can say he can’t hold a job but, on the other hand, he has no problem getting a job.
4. Five possible depth chart surprises for the 2014 Redskins—Tom Compton at right tackle? Kennan Robinson at Jack linebacker? With a new head coach there are always plenty of lineup surprises and we look at a few possibilities here.
5. Redskins are interested in DeSean Jackson—Since that was posted, the team’s interest has advanced to the point where Jackson will be visiting Redskins Park on Monday. Stay tuned, it seems likely that there will be much, much more on this topic in the coming days.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Help wanted at outside linebacker
- Enemy Intel: Minnesota Vikings
- The top five running backs the Redskins will face in 2014
- Gruden not worried about RG3-Shanahan in 2013
- Gruden: Building ‘honest’ relationship with RG3 is job No. 1
- Gruden confirms Redskins offensive line changes
- Gruden in no hurry to give Orakpo a long-term contract
- CSN Mock Draft 6.0 – Chaos in round 1
- The top five takeaways from Gruden’s presser
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: QB Sudfeld now on a compressed learning schedule
- NFL had no choice but to move Redskins vs. Bucs
- Need to Know: Who has the upper hand in the Redskins' left guard competition?
- Redskins preseason finale moved to Wednesday due to inclement weather
- Dustin Hopkins shows no mercy, mashes a home run off helpless kid
- This Redskins rookie and his girlfriend have the best pregame ritual
- Gruden, Bruton, Golston and Jean-Francois all discuss Colin Kaepernick
- It appears that Josh Doctson is returning, according to a tweet of his
- Redskins claim ex-Hokie, former Broncos pick to shore up OL depth
- Redskins' Cullen Jenkins will need to get up to speed in a hurry