Mar 28, 2014, 5:10 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, March 28, 10 days before the Redskins start their offseason workouts.
Yesterday I tweeted out what Brian Orakpo’s weekly paycheck will look like now that he has signed his franchise tender. That drew some interest so let’s take a look at the top five weekly paychecks the Redskins will be cutting each week.
1. Orakpo ($673,823 gross per week)—Salary is $11.455 million and it all became fully guaranteed once he signed his tender.
2. Trent Williams ($426,470)—He was the fourth pick in the last draft class prior to the current rookie pay system, and that means he got paid well from Day 1. Williams will be entering the fifth season of a six-year contract. The deal also calls for him to get a $1.75 million roster bonus that he will get in a lump sum at some point prior to the season.
3. Pierre Garçon ($417,647)—His contract also calls for a roster bonus but his is only (only?) $250,000.
4. Barry Cofield ($267,647)—Cofield’s contract contains a roster bonus, this one is for $300,000. He’ll also pick up an extra $150,000 if he shows up for a predetermined percentage of offseason workouts.
5. Stephen Bowen ($258,823)—Yes, there are questions about how much of this Bowen will actually see, if any, as he tries to come back from microfracture surgery. But, as of now, his 2014 salary remains the 5th-highest on the team.
—It’s been 89 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 163 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 10; NFL Draft 41; Training camp starts 117
In case you missed it
- CSN Mock Draft 6.0 – Chaos in round 1
- Why the Redskins will have Orakpo play on the tag this year
- Orakpo excited about the addition of Jason Hatcher
- Redskins agree to terms with CB E.J. Biggers
- Brian Orakpo signs tender, will be ready for April workouts
- The top five takeaways from Gruden’s presser
Jay Gruden on developing RG3
Follow Us On Twitter
- How can the Redskins build a Super Bowl quality O-line?
- As Deflategate rolls on, allegations against more NFL coaches emerge
- OPEN THREAD: Is Joe Barry an upgrade over Jim Haslett?
- Joe Barry draws strength from Detroit disaster
- Son of Redskins legend hired as coach
- Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III discusses Deflategate
- Position coach hires add gravitas to Redskins' staff
- Help on the way for RG3: Redskins add QB coach
- Redskins would have created a position for Packers exec
- Big O-linemen may be in short supply in NFL draft