Mar 26, 2014, 4:54 AM EST
Here are five personnel moves that could end up happening for the Redskins at some point in 2014.
Adam Gettis starting at center—Yesterday he tweeted that he was going to go out and snap to Robert Griffin III during the workout the QB organized with the receivers, tight ends and backs in Arizona. He could be given an opportunity to push Kory Lichtensteiger at center.
Aldrick Robinson playing a key role at WR—He showed some signs of being more than just a fast guy late last year but it was a small sample size so he still has a lot to prove. But if he can consistently be the receiver he was towards the end of the season he’ll get snaps and it wouldn’t be surprising for him to end up as the second- or third-leading receiver on the team if he does.
Tom Compton starting at right tackle—The Redskins’ courtship of Donald Penn is an indication that the team is not enamored with the prospect of Tyler Polumbus starting at right tackle. They aren’t going to hand the job to Compton but there could be an actual competition for the job and Compton, entering his third year, could well win it.
Chase Minnifield at nickel—He’s had to battle through injury and now he has to hone his game in many areas, including special teams. If he can put it together, however, and play with the chip on his shoulder he often carries it will be hard to keep him off the field.
Keenan Robinson at Jack linebacker—Yes, he’s been sidelined since Thanksgiving Day, 2012. Yes, the Redskins have signed three free agents who have all done something that Robinson hasn’t—start an NFL game. But he was drafted to move into the middle when London Fletcher retired and he could well do it at some point this season.
—It’s been 87 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 165 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 12; NFL Draft 43; Training camp starts 119
In case you missed it
- Gruden not worried about RG3-Shanahan in 2013
- Why don’t the Redskins get compensatory draft picks?
- Gruden: Building ‘honest’ relationship with RG3 is job No. 1
- NFL to flag goalpost dunk celebrations
- NFL owners vote to ban “roll up” blocks
- NFL refs will get help with replay
- RG3 to drive at RIR?
- Five free agents the Redskins should still pursue
Follow Us On Twitter
- Report: Former Redskins WR injured after accidentally shooting self
- After an improbable rise, can Quinton Dunbar keep improving?
- Ranking the top 20 most talented NFL players under the age of 25
- 2015 Redskins led NFL in fumble recoveries but didn’t take advantage
- Kirk Cousins, Antonio Brown team up to break world record held by OBJ
- How should the Redskins fix their scuffling run game?
- UFC legend Chuck Liddell joins Redskins Nation
- London Fletcher: Sean Taylor 'was just scratching the surface'
- Rookie review: How does Kyshoen Jarrett fit into the Redskins' plans?
- Who has the best chance of being the Redskins' first pick?