Mar 23, 2014, 5:29 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, March 23, 15 days before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. RG3 won’t wear a knee brace in 2014—Talking to Tarik El-Bashir in Baltimore, Griffin said that he will ditch the brace that he worse last season after undergoing reconstructive surgery in January of last year. There is some controversy over whether or not it actually hampered his play but we will get an idea of that in September.
2. Cap space dwindling but Redskins have room to maneuver—The Redskins continued their free agent acquisitions and their supply of available salary cap space is beginning to dry up. But the tank is far from empty.
3. Donald Penn at Redskins Park—This shows that it’s not all about RG3 among Redskins fans. There was plenty of interest in the offensive tackle who wound up signing with the Raiders.
4. RG3 approves of approach to free agency—OK, well, a lot of it is about RG3 still. But it’s understandable since we haven’t heard much from him or about him this year compared to last year and the “offseason of recovery”. He talks about a “new energy” in the building at Redskins Park.
5. Five reasons why the Redskins haven’t signed your favorite free agent—No, it’s not because they hate you. There are many factors going in to whether or not there is mutual interest between a particular free agent and a particular team and this post looks at some of them.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Line shuffling may not be finished
- Redskins get some contract guidance with Monday deals
- Meet at the quarterback: Redskins emphasize pass rush in free agency
- Redskins depth chart reset: Defense
- Moss: ‘This is what I live for’
- Will Gruden’s Redskins be pass happy?
- Are the Redskins going to blow up the O-line?
- Five safeties who could start for the Redskins
- How much cap space do the Redskins need to sign their draft picks?
—It’s been 84 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 168 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 15; NFL Draft 46; Training camp starts 122
Follow Us On Twitter
- Exclusive: NFLPA's Smith thinks Pats may want 'do-over' after Brady victory
- Exclusive: NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith reacts to Deflategate ruling
- OPEN THREAD: Should McCoy really play all game vs Jacksonville?
- No NFL discipline for Crowder following abuse allegation
- Bubble players to make closing argument when Redskins host Jags
- RG3 appears in new TV ad, pulls a fast one on Sam Bradford
- RG3, Jackson receive awards at annual Redskins luncheon
- Wife of McCloughan apologizes for 'disparaging remarks' about ESPN reporter
- Tandler predicts the 53-man roster on Redskins Nation
- Jeff Bostic joins Redskins Nation to talk about entering Ring of Fame