Mar 16, 2014, 5:16 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, March 16, 22 days before the start of offseason workouts.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Redskins agree to terms with Andre Roberts—The Redskins landed the Cardinals’ wide receiver several hours prior to the actual start of free agency on Tuesday (shh, don’t tell anybody).
2. Trent Williams says he’s happy about the Jason Hatcher signing—The Redskins’ left tackle has battled Hatcher since 2010 and Williams tweeted his happiness that the defensive lineman is now on his side.
3. Santana Moss back with the Redskins—It was something of a surprise for the Redskins’ mainstay at receiver to return but he agreed to a deal right at the start of free agency.
4. Options remain at safety for the Redskins—This was posted on Wednesday and as of this morning all of the options mentioned here remain on the market.
5. Roundup entering Day 4 of NFL free agency—On Friday morning, we were waiting to see what would happen with Anthony Spencer, Owen Daniels, Ryan Clark, and Walter Thurmond. Now, 48 hours later, we’re still waiting.
The best of the rest from the week:
- Dollars likely to flow freely when free agency starts
- Can the Redskins fill defensive needs from within?
- Five free agents the Redskins should sign
- Riley signing a plus for Redskins’ defense
- Five things you need to know about NFL free agency
- Five notes on the Redskins’ Tuesday signings
- Five options for the Redskins at inside linebacker
- Hatcher adds disruption to Redskins DL but for how long?
- Redskins release Will Montgomery
—It’s been 77 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 175 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 22; NFL Draft 53; Training camp starts 129
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'