Mar 12, 2014, 5:11 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, March 12, 26 days before the Redskins start their offseason workouts.
Here is a comment on each of the free agents the Redskins signed on Tuesday:
LB Perry Riley—They got him for three years and $13 million when he was looking for $7 million per year. He’s not a great player or even a very good one but it would have been difficult to operate the defense with two new middle linebackers.
WR Santana Moss—We heard a few weeks ago that the Redskins had some preliminary talks about a contract but nothing recently. Most assumed he was gone even before the news that Andre Roberts was coming. But he’s back on a one-year deal and the receiving roles will be sorted out.
WR Andre Roberts—The highest-ranked player they signed today, Roberts will come in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder after being demoted to No. 3 receiver in Arizona last year. He just turned 26 so his prime years are ahead of them.
OL Shawn Lauvao—He was Rotoworld’s 10th-ranked guard but certainly a mystery to most Redskins fans. There will be some changes along the line for the first time since 2011.
LB Adam Hayward—You probably don’t want him as a starter at inside linebacker but he could do it in a pinch. His three-year contract pays him about $1 million per and his job will be to serve as one of the mainstays on special teams.
—It’s been 73 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 179 days until they play another one.
—Days until: Offseason workouts start 26; NFL Draft 57
In case you missed it
- Smith, Graham to visit Redskins
- Change coming on Redskins O-line with Lauvao signing
- Linebacker Adam Hayward agrees with Skins
- Redskins add more weapons for RG3
- Redskins sign Browns G Shawn Lauvao
- Free agent suprise: Santana Moss back with Redskins
- Riley signing a plus for Redskins’ defense
- Sixteen Redskins could hit open market
- High salaries may push Redskins to draft for OT help
- Five things you need to know about NFL free agency
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden discusses Redskins' plan to replace Culliver
- Full Redskins injury report: Two starters are questionable
- Landon Collins excited to play on the field where idol Sean Taylor once did
- Week 12 preview: It's a 'one game season' for the Redskins
- With division foes' seasons in tatters, can the Redskins take advantage?
- With Culliver out, what is the Redskins' Plan B?
- Romo: Injury vs. Panthers 'feels similar' to previous setback
- Five Redskins who need to step up against the Giants
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo leaves game with collarbone injury
- Redskins OT Trent Williams returned to practice on Thursday