Mar 2, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, March 2, 9 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. Two-round mock draft version 3.0—Ben Standig runs through his post-combine draft and has the Redskins going guard. I’d still rather get a tackle but any fat boy will do.
2. The top five free agents the Redskins could sign—A good haul from Evan Silva’s top 150 free agents would be a D-lineman, a guard, an inside linebacker, and two safeties.
3. Will Redskins take advantage of buyer’s market at WR?—With over 50 veteran pass catchers on the market and a very deep college draft at the position, this would be a good year for the Redskins to bolster the spot.
4. Casserly thinks the Redskins will bulk up O-line in free agency—The former GM sees the Redskins going after some bigger offensive linemen when free agency starts.
5. Free agent fits: Defensive line: A look around the free agent market in the first line of defense.
And a look at the best of the rest of the week:
- Redskins possibilities at No. 34: S Calvin Pryor—Can the Louisville safety solve the Redskins long standing problems at the position?
- Redskins stay or go: Cornerback E. J. Biggers—Is the versatile defensive back worth keeping around?
- RG3 says he’s excited about ‘fresh start’—The quarterback is ready to roll after a tumultuous 2013 season
- If no Orakpo, what’s Plan B?—There seems to be a chance that the Redskins are willing to let Orakpo walk; what do they do if that happens?
- Redskins sitting with over $30 million in cap room—The announcement of the $133 million cap leaves the Redskins in pretty good shape
—It’s been 63 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 189 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Free agency starts 9; Offseason workouts start 36; NFL Draft 67
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden jokes he might just start Colt McCoy after all
- Gruden: We have the intent of starting RG3
- Gruden reacts to play of Tom Compton, Trent Murphy
- Starting Griffin this Sunday is the right call
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins, Week 9
- OPEN THREAD: More read option for Redskins?
- Redskins' Gruden maintains confidence in Alfred Morris
- RG3 impresses Redskins in first full practice
- WR DeSean Jackson gives back to the community
- All 53 Redskins practice on Wednesday