Feb 23, 2014, 5:17 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, February 23, 16 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. 2014 NFL Mock Draft 2.0—I don’t necessarily agree with Ben Standig’s choice for the Redskins with the 34th overall pick but it’s a solid, two-round effort.
2. Fred Davis suspended indefinitely—It was not a good week for Davis. At first his assertion that his suspension stemmed from a banned substance contained in a supplement, not marijuana. But a couple of days later he was arrested for DWI and, well, his credibility quickly evaporated.
3. Redskins want a second-round pick for Cousins—This story evolved later in the week when there were reports that the Redskins are not going to trade their backup QB. Still, I’d be willing to bet that if someone called with an offer to take Cousins for a pick in the first half of the second round Bruce Allen would make the deal before hanging up the phone.
4. DeAngelo Hall signs back with Redskins—Hall’s return didn’t take everyone by surprise but the timing did. His four-year deal almost ensures that he will retire a Redskin.
5. Free agent fits: Cornerback—After re-signing Hall, should the Redskins still bring in a free agent corner? Tarik tells you who is the best fit and about the best of the rest.
The best of the rest of the week
- Redskins possibilities at No. 34: OT Cyrus Kouandjio—Would ‘Bama OT be a fit for the Redskins?
- The Redskins top five in sacks in the last 20 years—Who is the Redskins’ sack master since 1994?
- Hall’s return has ripple effects for Redskins—The return of Hall has implications at safety as well as depth at cornerback.
- Handcuffs off Haslett, pressure’s on—Now that Haslett is free from the shadow of Shanahan will the defense get better?
- Gruden confident RG3 will rebound from “humbling” 2013—New coach will work with his QB to find what works for him
—It’s been 56 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 196 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Free agency starts 16; Offseason workouts start 43; NFL Draft 7
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins roster: Who's in, who's out?
- Eagles trade Barkley, what does this mean for Tebow?
- Chris Thomspon reveals secret to healthy offseason, and secure roster spot
- Redskins 2015 roster cuts tracker
- Redskins WR Ross: 'I gave it my all'
- Griffin to see two specialists Friday
- Gruden talks about Redskins on the bubble
- Roster Bubble: Did Jackson Jeffcoat do enough to make the 53?
- Redskins drop preseason finale despite effort from Ross
- Redskins Pulse: Colt leads Redskins in preseason finale