Feb 23, 2014, 5:17 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, February 23, 16 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Here are our five most popular posts from the week that was.
1. 2014 NFL Mock Draft 2.0—I don’t necessarily agree with Ben Standig’s choice for the Redskins with the 34th overall pick but it’s a solid, two-round effort.
2. Fred Davis suspended indefinitely—It was not a good week for Davis. At first his assertion that his suspension stemmed from a banned substance contained in a supplement, not marijuana. But a couple of days later he was arrested for DWI and, well, his credibility quickly evaporated.
3. Redskins want a second-round pick for Cousins—This story evolved later in the week when there were reports that the Redskins are not going to trade their backup QB. Still, I’d be willing to bet that if someone called with an offer to take Cousins for a pick in the first half of the second round Bruce Allen would make the deal before hanging up the phone.
4. DeAngelo Hall signs back with Redskins—Hall’s return didn’t take everyone by surprise but the timing did. His four-year deal almost ensures that he will retire a Redskin.
5. Free agent fits: Cornerback—After re-signing Hall, should the Redskins still bring in a free agent corner? Tarik tells you who is the best fit and about the best of the rest.
The best of the rest of the week
- Redskins possibilities at No. 34: OT Cyrus Kouandjio—Would ‘Bama OT be a fit for the Redskins?
- The Redskins top five in sacks in the last 20 years—Who is the Redskins’ sack master since 1994?
- Hall’s return has ripple effects for Redskins—The return of Hall has implications at safety as well as depth at cornerback.
- Handcuffs off Haslett, pressure’s on—Now that Haslett is free from the shadow of Shanahan will the defense get better?
- Gruden confident RG3 will rebound from “humbling” 2013—New coach will work with his QB to find what works for him
—It’s been 56 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 196 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Free agency starts 16; Offseason workouts start 43; NFL Draft 7
Follow Us On Twitter
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Moss' top five, final word on Cousins contract
- Kirk Cousins has same odds of winning 2016/17 NFL MVP as Mark Sanchez
- Longtime NFL coach Dennis Green dead at 67; honored by Redskins great
- Eight Redskins recognized for offseason work
- Josh Norman hopes Odell Beckham Jr. circled his calendar
- Colin Cowherd again trolls D.C. athlete - but this time it's Kirk Cousins
- Redskins release veteran linebacker Hayward
- OPEN THREAD: Examining ket stats to improve the Redskins run game
- Need to Know: Pressure is on Redskins' Scherff to perform at a high level very quickly
- Josh Norman to Odell Beckham: Don't know how to respond other than laugh