Feb 21, 2014, 4:50 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, February 21, 18 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Last week we used the Approximate Value metric to look at which Redskins were the most valuable in 2013. There is a link to more details on AV in that post if you want it. Today, there are the best single seasons Redskins players have had in terms of AV in the last 20 years (1994-2013).
QB Robert Griffin III, 2012, AV of 18—You thought it was the best season you’ve seen by a Redskin in a long time. You were right. He is the only Redskins quarterback ever to finish a season with a passer rating of over 100.
QB Brad Johnson, 1999, AV of 16—Johnson made the Pro Bowl and was the last quarterback to lead the Redskins to the division title before Griffin did it. With 4,005 yards passing that year Johnson is one of two Redskins to pass for over 4,000 yards in a season (Jay Schroeder, 1986, 4,109).
CB Champ Bailey, 2000, AV of 16—In just his second year in the league, Bailey earned the first of seven straight Pro Bowl berths (four with Washington). He had five interceptions and a fumble recovery for the fourth-ranked defense in the league.
G Tre Johnson, 1999, AV of 15—“The Banga” was at his road-grading best this season, protecting Johnson and helping to clear the way for Stephen Davis’ 1,405 yards rushing. It was the only season of his seven in Washington where he played 16 games and he earned his only Pro Bowl berth.
LB Marcus Washington, 2004, AV of 15—He was the only Pro Bowl representative on the third-ranked defense in the league. Washington, in his first year with the Redskins after coming over from the Colts as a free agent, had 87 tackles, 3 passes defended, forced one fumble and recovered one.
—It’s been 54 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 198 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Free agency starts 18; Offseason workouts start 45; NFL Draft 76
In case you missed it
- Redskins’ Fred Davis charged with DUI
- Under the radar Redskins: DB E.J. Biggers
- Is Munnerlyn a fit for the Skins?
- Redskins stay or go: Linebacker Rob Jackson
- Increase in cap would make tag for Orakpo more expensive
- Some details of DeAngelo Hall’s contract emerge
- Breakdown of top TEs
- Report: NFL salary cap will be near $130 million
- The five top rated QB’s the Redskins will face in 2014
Tandler talks free agency on Redskins Nation
Follow Us On Twitter
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'
- Redskins G Shawn Lauvao is progressing, but can he reclaim his starting job?
- Need to Know: Is Jackson's absence from some Redskins OTAs an issue?
- No brawl, just competition between Josh Norman and Kirk Cousins
- Kirk Cousins is comfortable taking 'ownership' of Redskins' offense now
- Redskins teammates already putting Jordan Reed in elite class
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson held out of OTAs
- Gruden on DeSean Jackson missing OTAs: He will probably show up