Feb 20, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
We have some details on DeAngelo Hall’s new contract and although we can’t figure out all of the important aspects of it we can see that it’s a reasonable deal for both sides.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Hall’s deal is for four years and $17 million dollars. He got a $3.25 million signing bonus and an additional $2 million in guaranteed money. Hall will get $8.5 million in the first two years of the deal.
A few notes:
—The $8.5 million in the first two years means that the identical amount is paid in the second two. So the deal isn’t particularly front loaded or back loaded.
—The annual salary will average $3.44 million. In terms of base salary Hall would be the 23rd-highest paid cornerback among those who are signed for 2014.
—Depending on how the other $2 million in guaranteed money is structured, Hall’s cap hit for 2014 should be anywhere from $2.81 million to $4.25 million.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Nick Foles on DeSean Jackson: 'He was a great teammate to me'
- Who will replace Fletcher in the middle for the Redskins?
- Draft dominates week's top five Redskins posts
- Riggo on the Range: Southern fried bass (VIDEO)
- Redskins' LB Brian Orakpo encouraged by scheme tweaks
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?