Feb 20, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
We have some details on DeAngelo Hall’s new contract and although we can’t figure out all of the important aspects of it we can see that it’s a reasonable deal for both sides.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Hall’s deal is for four years and $17 million dollars. He got a $3.25 million signing bonus and an additional $2 million in guaranteed money. Hall will get $8.5 million in the first two years of the deal.
A few notes:
—The $8.5 million in the first two years means that the identical amount is paid in the second two. So the deal isn’t particularly front loaded or back loaded.
—The annual salary will average $3.44 million. In terms of base salary Hall would be the 23rd-highest paid cornerback among those who are signed for 2014.
—Depending on how the other $2 million in guaranteed money is structured, Hall’s cap hit for 2014 should be anywhere from $2.81 million to $4.25 million.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Skins need Aqib Talib (VIDEO)
- Redskins go into free agency with $19.6 million in cap space
- CSN Mock Draft 4.0 - Where does Clowney go?
- Redskins deny report that they didn't carry over cap space
- Possible free agents for Skins (VIDEO)
- Redskins Nation 18 Plays (VIDEO)
- Report: Redskins 'leading contender' for Sproles
- Free agency primer: Defensive players Redskins fan should know
- Riley a potential free agent bust
- Redskins interested in Byrd but asking price may be prohibitive