Feb 20, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
We have some details on DeAngelo Hall’s new contract and although we can’t figure out all of the important aspects of it we can see that it’s a reasonable deal for both sides.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Hall’s deal is for four years and $17 million dollars. He got a $3.25 million signing bonus and an additional $2 million in guaranteed money. Hall will get $8.5 million in the first two years of the deal.
A few notes:
—The $8.5 million in the first two years means that the identical amount is paid in the second two. So the deal isn’t particularly front loaded or back loaded.
—The annual salary will average $3.44 million. In terms of base salary Hall would be the 23rd-highest paid cornerback among those who are signed for 2014.
—Depending on how the other $2 million in guaranteed money is structured, Hall’s cap hit for 2014 should be anywhere from $2.81 million to $4.25 million.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins defense shows signs of improvement (VIDEO)
- What's at stake in Redskins' final preseason game? (VIDEO)
- Who is the Redskins' most important player on defense? (VIDEO)
- Snyder: Redskins have 'started the process' of planning new stadium
- 5 Redskins roster locks who will be playing vs. Bucs tonight
- Decision made on Josh Gordon suspension
- Backup battles to be settled vs. Bucs
- Predicting the Redskins' 53 -- Defense
- Torrey Smith on if Brandon Meriweather should be suspended
- Thomas' foot could be a bigger issue than the Meriweather suspension