Feb 20, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
We have some details on DeAngelo Hall’s new contract and although we can’t figure out all of the important aspects of it we can see that it’s a reasonable deal for both sides.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Hall’s deal is for four years and $17 million dollars. He got a $3.25 million signing bonus and an additional $2 million in guaranteed money. Hall will get $8.5 million in the first two years of the deal.
A few notes:
—The $8.5 million in the first two years means that the identical amount is paid in the second two. So the deal isn’t particularly front loaded or back loaded.
—The annual salary will average $3.44 million. In terms of base salary Hall would be the 23rd-highest paid cornerback among those who are signed for 2014.
—Depending on how the other $2 million in guaranteed money is structured, Hall’s cap hit for 2014 should be anywhere from $2.81 million to $4.25 million.
Follow Us On Twitter
- We (reportedly) have 1/8 of the Redskins 2014 schedule
- Redskins Pulse: NFL schedule release Wednesday
- RG3 will drive at RIR on Saturday
- Who will assume Fletcher's leadership role on the Redskins?
- Draft chatter: 30 players invited to NFL draft in New York
- OPEN THREAD: Where does Alfred Morris rate?
- NFL schedule release date announced
- Five players the Redskins should hope slide down in the draft
- Dan Snyder on DeSean Jackson: 'He’s really a good guy'
- NBC gets NFL Divisional playoff game