Feb 20, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, February 20, 19 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Last year the Redskins played seven games against quarterbacks who were in the top 10 in passer rating. Here are the top five QB’s they will face in 2014, based on 2013 passer rating:
Nick Foles, PHI 119.5, 1st in NFL—Yeah, he’s sure grown up a lot since the Redskins throttled him twice as a rookie in 2012.
Russell Wilson, SEA 101.2, 7th—If you can get deal with the Seattle defense you then have to contain the first QB in NFL history to attain a rating of over 100 in each of his first two seasons.
Tony Romo, DAL, 96.7 8th—Redskins fans often scoff at the threat of Romo but he doesn’t always throw the killer interception. Sometimes he throws the killer TD pass in the late going as the Redskins saw in Week 16.
Colin Kaepernick, 91.6 10th—Although he sure picked an odd time to throw at Richard Sherman, he’s dual threat who can frustrate a defense.
Sam Bradford, 90.9 11th—Yeah, I was kind of surprised to learn he was just outside of the top ten, too. The former top overall pick hasn’t lived up to his draft status but he did put up some decent numbers in seven starts before getting injured.
—It’s been 53 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 199 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Free agency starts 19; Offseason workouts start 46; NFL Draft 77
In case you missed it
- Fred Davis suspended indefinitely
- Report: Redskins asking for a second-rounder for Cousins
- Redskins free agent fits: Center
- Hall’s return has ripple effects for Redskins
- Redskins stay or go: Cornerback Josh Wilson
- Another sign that Orakpo will be back with Redskins
- Five more valuable to the Redskins than to another team
Follow Us On Twitter
- RG3 on Baylor statue: 'It still hasn't hit me' (VIDEO)
- With roster finalized, Skins anxious to start season (VIDEO)
- EXCLUSIVE: Dan Snyder sits down with CSN's Chick Hernandez
- Kai Forbath says kicker competition made him better
- Gruden addresses Redskins' running back decisions
- Redskins mostly healthy going into opener
- New Redskins' safety Ihenacho eager to contribute vs Houston
- Redskins' RG3: 'We fixed what we had to fix'
- Redskins issue jersey numbers
- PREVIEW: Redskins owner Dan Snyder speaks on team name