Feb 18, 2014, 5:01 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, February 18, one day before the start of the NFL Combine.
1. LT Trent Williams 38.3 overall rating—He was pretty consistent throughout the year, although he did slip a little in the latter part of the season. Williams allowed no sacks the first six games of the season and then he allowed eight in an eight-game stretch.
2. OLB Brian Orakpo 24.9—The only pending free agent on this list, Orakpo got consistently high marks in pass rush, run defense, and, yes, even in coverage. Per their analysis he dropped back in coverage 105 times and allowed just seven completions for 34 yards.
3. RT Tyler Polumbus 18.8—A lot of fans and other observers will scoff at this rating and there certainly is some reason to do so; it doesn’t seem to pass the eyeball test. But they do charge him with just four sacks all year and went for 11 straight games without allowing a sack. PFF generally rates him better as a pass blocker than as a run blocker.
4. WR Pierre Garçon 11.5—The oddity here is that PFF gave him negative grades in two games, against the Giants and 49ers, both at FedEx Field, yet he caught a total of 17 passes in those game. Overall they were much more impressed with his work running pass routes than they were with his run blocking.
5. NT Barry Cofield 9.5—The nose tackle was consistently graded better as a pass rusher than as a run stuffer. He was “in the red” (a grade of minus-1.0 or worse) against the run seven times but only once against the
—It’s been 51 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 201 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 1; NFL Free agency starts 21; Offseason workouts start 48; NFL Draft 79
In case you missed it
- Will the Skins make a change at RT?
- Redskins possibilities at No. 34: WR Brandin Cooks
- Is tagging Orakpo a better move than a long-term deal?
- Stay or go? Wide receiver Josh Morgan
- The Redskins top five in sacks in the last 20 years
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: No former Redskins in Super Bowl shows talent dearth?
- Report: Packers won't let Highsmith talk to Redskins
- Mock draft roundup: No consensus for Redskins' top pick
- Watt gets 2 turnovers, dances in friendly Pro Bowl
- Is Washington DT Shelton a good fit for the Redskins at No. 5?
- Report: Browns WR Josh Gordon poised to miss 2015
- Redskins reportedly seek to interview Green Bay executive
- Redskins' special teams improve but still among NFL's worst
- Which of their free agents should the Redskins keep?
- Report: Morris expected to leave Redskins