Feb 16, 2014, 6:15 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, February 16, three days before the start of the NFL Combine.
Here are the five longest tenured Redskins currently under contract (including time spend on practice squad):
1. DE Kedric Golston 2006, drafted in sixth round—He could be challenged for a reserve spot on the defensive line.
2. C Will Montgomery 2008, signed as a free agent on Dec. 9—Could get pushed for a starting job by a draft pick, free agent, or from within.
3. FB Darrel Young, 2009, signed as a undrafted free agent on May 6—It seems likely that for the third year in a row he will be the only fullback on the roster.
4. G Kory Lichtensteiger, 2010, signed as a free agent on Jan. 11—Likely to start at either left guard or center but there could be competition.
5. LS Nick Sundberg, 2010, signed as a free agent on Jan. 28—Injuries have interrupted each of his last two seasons so alternatives could be explored here.
OT Trent Williams (drafted 1st round) and TE Logan Paulsen (signed as undrafted free agent on April 29) also joined the team in 2010.
—It’s been 49 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 203 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 3; NFL Free agency starts 23; Offseason workouts start 50; NFL Draft 81
In case you missed it
- Can Amerson crack top-10 in INTs?
- The Redskins’ top five receivers since 2010
- Coaching change should boot RG3’s fantasy value
- More cap space for the Redskins? NFL cap could reach $130 million
- Competition for kickers?
- D. Williams says Redskins’ personnel decisions will be a ‘team effort’
- Will Redskins target Spikes?
- Redskins position outlook: specialists
- Redskins hire Doug Williams
- Redskins 2013 season encapsulated in one number
- The Redskins’ five biggest salary cap hits
- Should the Redskins keep Rex?
- Redskins play a zero-sum game in free agency
- Redskins position outlook: Quarterback
- Redskins’ schedule strength in middle of the pack
- The Redskins’ five top running backs of the last 20 years
- Differing opinions on RG3
- Should Orakpo be paid like an ‘elite’ pass rusher?
- Why the Redskins might trade up to the first round
- Supply of free agent WR’s could exceed demand
- The five most valuable Redskins in 2013
- Free agent fits: Wide receiver
- Should the Redskins pursue any of the ex-Saints?
- Breakout potential: K Kai Forbath
- Redskins fan questions: Rak, O-line, the draft and more
- Redskins free agents aren’t Costco, either
- The Redskins top five in interceptions in the last 20 years
- Can Gruden get the best from Helu?
- Should the Redskins pursue one of the ex-Lions?
- Under the radar Redskins: FB Darrel Young
- Gruden really does prefer taller pass targets
- Redskins free agent fits: Safety
- The Redskins’ five longest plays of 2013
- Who will replace London Fletcher?
- Haslett says he’ll turn Orakpo and Kerrigan loose
- Are yardage stats for losers like Haslett says?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well